Surprise add-ons coming from iHome, Oakley, XtremeMac, Body Glove, Sonic Impact
A collection of new, previously unannounced iPod accessories has emerged on the web, with several surprises from major manufacturers. All of the products listed below are either now or soon to arrive at the Apple Store; availability at other retailers is currently unclear.
As the maker of the excellent MicroMemo recorder for fifth-generation iPods and second-generation nanos (iLounge rating: A-), XtremeMac is releasing MemoMic ($30), a lapel microphone attachment for use with MicroMemo. MemoMic attaches to MicroMemo’s mic- or line-in port and enables personal voice recording without the need to hand-hold your iPod.
Previously responsible for eyewear and computer bags, Oakley is listed as selling the iPod case for iPod with video ($35), which will most likely feature the company’s distinctive formed plastic designs.
Body Glove, maker of some earlier and distinctive iPod cases, will be selling three types of iPod designs: Cargo, Glove, and Radical, at prices of $25 for second-generation iPod nanos and $30 for fifth-generation iPods. Radical uses black non-slip rubberized material, while Cargo is an armband/carabiner holder with suede-like neoprene for 5G iPods only, and Glove’s specifications are currently unknown.
iHome has debuted the iH6 ($100), a dual-alarm clock speaker system that brings most of the best features of its more expensive iH7 (iLounge rating: A-) to a less expensive package. Virtually identical to iH7 cosmetically, iH6 omits the larger model’s third bedside speaker, but preserves its second alarm, improved screen dimmer, equalization, first-generation iPod shuffle dock, and other features. It is in Apple Stores now.
Sonic Impact has released i-P22 Roxy Version ($100), a version of its lowest-end portable speaker system with a new exterior shell customized with graphics from leading surfwear company Roxy. Like iH6, i-P22 Roxy Version is in stores now.
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?