Surprise add-ons coming from iHome, Oakley, XtremeMac, Body Glove, Sonic Impact
A collection of new, previously unannounced iPod accessories has emerged on the web, with several surprises from major manufacturers. All of the products listed below are either now or soon to arrive at the Apple Store; availability at other retailers is currently unclear.
As the maker of the excellent MicroMemo recorder for fifth-generation iPods and second-generation nanos (iLounge rating: A-), XtremeMac is releasing MemoMic ($30), a lapel microphone attachment for use with MicroMemo. MemoMic attaches to MicroMemo’s mic- or line-in port and enables personal voice recording without the need to hand-hold your iPod.
Previously responsible for eyewear and computer bags, Oakley is listed as selling the iPod case for iPod with video ($35), which will most likely feature the company’s distinctive formed plastic designs.
Body Glove, maker of some earlier and distinctive iPod cases, will be selling three types of iPod designs: Cargo, Glove, and Radical, at prices of $25 for second-generation iPod nanos and $30 for fifth-generation iPods. Radical uses black non-slip rubberized material, while Cargo is an armband/carabiner holder with suede-like neoprene for 5G iPods only, and Glove’s specifications are currently unknown.
iHome has debuted the iH6 ($100), a dual-alarm clock speaker system that brings most of the best features of its more expensive iH7 (iLounge rating: A-) to a less expensive package. Virtually identical to iH7 cosmetically, iH6 omits the larger model’s third bedside speaker, but preserves its second alarm, improved screen dimmer, equalization, first-generation iPod shuffle dock, and other features. It is in Apple Stores now.
Sonic Impact has released i-P22 Roxy Version ($100), a version of its lowest-end portable speaker system with a new exterior shell customized with graphics from leading surfwear company Roxy. Like iH6, i-P22 Roxy Version is in stores now.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?