Survey: Netbook interest declines, tablet interest rises
According to results from the latest ChangeWave consumer survey, netbook demand is declining year-over-year while planned purchases of tablet computers - led by the iPad - are on the rise. The October survey of 3,108 consumers found that 14 percent of consumers planning to purchase a laptop over the next 90 days plan to buy a netbook, down from 20 percent in October 2009 and from a high of 24 percent in June 2009. Meanwhile, 26 percent of consumers said they are at least somewhat likely to purchase a tablet in the future, with eight percent saying a purchase was very likely, and 18 percent saying it was somewhat likely. Among those respondents, 80 percent said they were most likely to purchase an iPad, followed by eight percent who said they were most likely to purchase a RIM Playbook, and three percent who said they were most likely to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Tab. Finally, satisfaction ratings for the iPad were quite high, with 72 percent of current iPad owners saying they were very satisfied with the device, followed by 23 percent who said they were somewhat satisfied. Only one percent said they were somewhat unsatisfied with their iPads, while zero percent labeled themselves as very unsatisfied, and three percent said they didn’t know.
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Device able to access iOS 8.1 through brute-force attack
- Microsoft to bring Cortana to iOS
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 3 to developers (Update: iOS 8.3 Public Beta also released)
- Report: CIA researchers trying to break iPhone, iPad security
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?