Swarovski crystals put the bling on iPod mini | iLounge News

Swarovski crystals put the bling on iPod mini

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Friday, September 24, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

picMacMinute reports the Crystalmini is a custom made iPod mini decorated with Swarovski crystals. The product is handcrafted with about 1,000 Swarovski crystals to match your 1,000 songs in the music player, according to the company behind the creation. “One crystal per song to represent every song you love. This is a one of a kind crystal digital music player that is crystallized from front to back with fine Swarovski crystals. It is carefully designed and crafted. Every fine crystal is placed mindfully with accuracy to allow easy navigation on the innovative scrolling wheel.” They will sell for US$699.

« 1G and 2G iPods: The End of an Era

TiVo offers limited edition 20GB iPod »

Comments

SUCH ANGER!!! WOW!

1) We are working on our new site, sorry we’ve been away from this board.

2) It’s Heather, or fashion girl, not fashion boy as someone said

3) We called Apple TWICE, YES TWICE and BOTH TIMES the customer service rep said SURE NOT A PROBLEM WE WILL FIX IT FOR YOU - SO, are these folks we’ve happen to get on the phone on the late shift or clueless Apple employees - maybe so.

No doubt I’d trust what someon’s excerpted above from the printed warranty as opposed to customer service reps.  My hubby’s an attorney and he said the same.

NOTHTHELESS, MISINFORMED OR NOT, that’s what they said to us.

4)  Regardless of the fact that size 7 or 9 crystals look much much much, did i say much better than size 12 - you’re over paying OR happily allowing this company crazy margin - 900 bucks for a 4 gb crystal mini - that’s a rip off.  We will always provide the most competitive prices for our coverage.

But not, we are not in the business of providing service, such as a warranty.  Obviously a consideration, which may however be negated by that crazy price.

5)  ALL, I REPEAT ALL OUR CRYSTAL COVERAGE JOBS ARE HANDLED IN NYC BY REPUTABLE JEWELERS, NOT AT HOME, IN THE BASEMENT OR AT YOUR LOCAL SWEATSHOP.

6) OUR WORKMENSHIP IS SECOND TO NONE, THE IPOD POSTED IS A SAMPLE, MORE PICTURES WILL BE POSTED IN TIME AND THEY WILL LOOK AMAZING, NO DOUBT, AND BE COVERED WITH SIZE 5,7 AND OR 9 CRYSTALS.

7) IN SEVERAL DAYS WE’LL POST A CRYSTAL COVERED FRONT AND STINGRAY COVERED BACK IPOD THAT’S BEEN ORDERED - CAN’T WAIT TO POST MORE PICTURE TO SHUT UP THE PESSIMISTS,

BUT HEY—I FULLY UNDERSTAND WE CAN’T REFUTE CLAIMS UNTIL THEN

THAT’S FINE, NO SWEAT

BOTTOMLINE - MODPHONE IS AN EXTREMELY REPUTABLE COMPANY - TO SAY OTHERWISE IS SIMPLE MISINFORMATION AND UNFAIR.

IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN WAIT PATIENTLY FOR US TO POST PICS OF VARIOUS COVERED IPOD’S

BUT IF YOU MUST HAVE IT - HEY IT’S YOUR MONEY

sorry for all the caps, until then how about everyone take a deep breath and count to ten with a smile please!

smile

modphone, inc.

Posted by MODPHONE THE FINAL WORD (from us at least for now) on October 13, 2004 at 12:06 AM (PDT)

It’s not anger thats being directed at you, its facts.I understand that you wanted to present your item so that people might consider it but don’t lie or bash another company in order to get your agenda or point across, that is bad business and this is not your personal advertising forum.As far as modphone being a reputable company your posts would indicate otherwise, so please excersice some more respect and discretion both on this forum and in the way you conduct yourselves from now on.Seems to me like this business of yours is being run out of a basement by some very unprofessional people.Less money doesn’t mean better quality and as other folks on this forum that have contacted apple their reps never have any relevant information about apple’s official policies, that said I wouldn’t trust apple with my crystalmini.

Posted by jonathan on October 14, 2004 at 4:28 PM (PDT)

huh?  easy fella, no one has lied or bashed.

no one has an “agenda” must be an election year

my posts clearly do not indicate otherwise.

this business is not being run from a basement, now you’re bashing

that said, wish us luck several mags have recently requested sample for holiday issues and we’re finally putting up a half-way decent site, also not made in some basement there jonathan

thanks for taking the time to write so much about lil’ ol’ us.

Modphone

Posted by Modphone on October 18, 2004 at 11:11 PM (PDT)

I have a I pod and it keeps freezing on me, So yet it was fun four a while but im not satisfied, maybe yous can tell me why.
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Kimel on October 20, 2004 at 6:00 AM (PDT)

I myself make rhinestone faceplates.. ect.. Modphone and CrystalIpod are a complete rip off. It does not take 6-10 hours to complete such ipod, faceplates ect. Swarvoski crystals are around $5.00- $10.00 per gross (144 pieces), depending on where you get them.. Anything over $150 to rhinestone your ipod is insane!

Posted by Rockin' Rhinestones on October 23, 2004 at 2:57 PM (PDT)

whoa nelly - let’s be clear - it’s takes approximately 10 gross when using size 7 or 9 - moreover 10 gross per transaction in the do it yourself world costs approimately - 55 to 75 depending on where you find them, for phone coverage often more - ie more crystals required.

then you must do it yourself - takes 9 hours for an amateur, 4 to 5 hours for an experienced person and less time if you’re an expert.

keeping in mind these are 7 and or 9 size crystals and using size 5 for fillers, corners, buttons, user interface of the device, screen etc - size 12 coverage, ala crystalmini is cake, much easier and can and should be sold for cheap - but they do not.

MDPHONE’S pricing is very very fair, and our margins are next to nothing, considering even bulk inventory of crystals and phone housings.

any lower in price and we suggest that you do do it yourself, it wouldn’t be worth the small margin we do make.

your answer is simple - if you want cryatals that are actually minut enough to make your device look great then use 5’s, 7’s and 9’s - and pay for the proper adherence to the device - IF NOT - go with size 12 16 etc and head to eBay - where quality suffers, OR buy from crystalmini = warranty and overpriced coverage (you’re are paying essentially for a warranty) this may be the choice for you.

however, pricing for what MODPHONE does is not a rip off by any stretch of the imagineation, to say so is silly

Posted by MODPHONE on October 25, 2004 at 3:59 PM (PDT)

MODPHONE’S pricing is very very fair, and our margins are next to nothing, considering even bulk inventory of crystals and phone housings.

Posted by MODPHONE on October 25, 2004 at 4:01 PM (PDT)

can i still use a crystalmini if i have a pc???

Posted by JILLGIRL on October 27, 2004 at 1:34 PM (PDT)

go to nyc peach they do it for about 395$ they are realy cute too.

[url=http://www.nycpeach.com]http://www.nycpeach.com[/url]

Posted by merrymarygrace in Laurel on February 9, 2005 at 4:06 AM (PDT)

Hi I make these crystal covered i pods and phone covers. These look amazing. The price they’re charging for them is ridiculous though. I charge about $200 for a Sworvoski covered ipod cover which is better in my opinion than covering the actual ipod. I glue each one on by hand are always made to the highest standard. I can do any designs eg initials etc

If anyone wants more info about my work just ask at:

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by crystalised in UK on March 12, 2005 at 5:19 AM (PDT)

I put swarovski crystals onto my cell phone cover.  The total cost for supplies was $70 and it took about 6 hours.  Paying $700 for that swarovski covered mini ipod is WAYYY TOO much.  $200-$300 is understandable because of the manual labor (+ $250 for the actual mini ipod which totals $450 - $550).  I agree with crystalised that if you are going to get crystals put on your ipod/mini ipod you should not put them directly onto the ipod but onto a cover.  Once you put the crystals on you can’t take them off without leaving ugly glue patches.

Posted by ladynpink87 on March 23, 2005 at 8:45 AM (PDT)

I put swarovski crystals on my flip phone, it is a motorola t720, which is basically the same size as my ipod mini, but obviously a different shape.

The cost for materials was about $70 and it took me 6 hours.  I had never done it before.  It was $70 and I have tones of extra crystals because I over estimated the amout needed.

Therefore, if you buy a crystalmini you are spending $450 on $70 worth of materials and someone’s time.

I can see spending $200, as it is time consuming especially for a company who is trying to perfect it for you, but not $450.

Posted by ladynpink87 on April 2, 2005 at 7:40 PM (PDT)

$700 for an ipod covered in crystals? Wow that is crazyy.. I got my daughters covered for 135 at http://nytrendsetter.myeweb.net/index.html
and they put an initial on for free.. My daughter loves it and so do her friends.
I wouldnt ever “bling” my stuff but I guess young folk like it…? My sister wants to do it to her phone shes 52.. Im talking her out of it lol..

Posted by Cecilia on June 14, 2005 at 12:40 PM (PDT)

u guys are full of it ! so who cares if it cost a lot ?! All u have to do is get the money !

Posted by Aleena on June 18, 2005 at 9:59 AM (PDT)

u could just buy the crystals and put them on urself!

Posted by nicole on July 27, 2005 at 9:58 AM (PDT)

i also went to http://www.nytrendsetter.myeweb.net and i cant belive what a great job they did… they blinged my whole cell phone for 160! .. thats cheaper then the people doing the ipods here… i am gonna do my ipod to.. i wanna do it rainbow.. people grab my fone wen i hold it and are like wow.. lol.. I was in kfc and this group was staring at my fone lol… i love bling lol.. bye guys take care

Posted by Layla K. on September 26, 2005 at 2:22 PM (PDT)

I own a company in athens greece and i want to use bling on some of my products, could you help me on how this is done?
MANY THANKS

Posted by yana Foraki on April 3, 2009 at 5:44 AM (PDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3