Swatch plans to fight Apple for ‘iWatch’ name
Swiss watchmaker Swatch plans on fighting Apple on the iWatch trademark, Watson reports. Swatch has its own watch series called the iSwatch. “We assess the likelihood of confusion as given, the marks are confusingly similar. In all countries where the mark is registered, we go against it before,” Swatch Group head of corporate communications Serena Chiesura said in a statement. Though the name of Apple’s rumored smart watch is technically still unknown, the company has reportedly applied to register the iWatch name in a number of countries. [via 9to5Mac]
- Tim Cook talks iPad Pro, wonders why anyone would buy a PC now
- Apple releases iOS 9.1, watchOS 2.0.1
- Apple announces autism, epilepsy, and melanoma ResearchKit studies
- Apple releases Apple Watch Hermès collection
- Google Maps gets Apple Watch support
- Sprint to sell Apple Watch starting Sept. 25, T-Mobile teases debut
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?