Swatch plans to fight Apple for ‘iWatch’ name
Swiss watchmaker Swatch plans on fighting Apple on the iWatch trademark, Watson reports. Swatch has its own watch series called the iSwatch. “We assess the likelihood of confusion as given, the marks are confusingly similar. In all countries where the mark is registered, we go against it before,” Swatch Group head of corporate communications Serena Chiesura said in a statement. Though the name of Apple’s rumored smart watch is technically still unknown, the company has reportedly applied to register the iWatch name in a number of countries. [via 9to5Mac]
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- Report: Integrated Apple Watch charging coming to third-party accessories
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9 beta to developers
- Analyst claims new iPad mini, gold Apple Watch colors coming this year
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- AppleCare+ now covers battery replacement at 80% of original capacity
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?