Swatch plans to fight Apple for ‘iWatch’ name
Swiss watchmaker Swatch plans on fighting Apple on the iWatch trademark, Watson reports. Swatch has its own watch series called the iSwatch. “We assess the likelihood of confusion as given, the marks are confusingly similar. In all countries where the mark is registered, we go against it before,” Swatch Group head of corporate communications Serena Chiesura said in a statement. Though the name of Apple’s rumored smart watch is technically still unknown, the company has reportedly applied to register the iWatch name in a number of countries. [via 9to5Mac]
- AppleCare+ now covers battery replacement at 80% of original capacity
- Cook: Chinese tastes influence Apple’s designs
- Report: Next-gen Apple Watch to include FaceTime camera, iPhone-free Wi-Fi
- Estimate: 2.79M Apple Watch units sold, many with extra bands
- Apple Watch available for in-store pickup in some US states, UK, Canada, Australia
- watchOS 2 to add Activation Lock
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?