SwitchEasy announces CapsuleRebel for iPhone 3G | iLounge News

SwitchEasy announces CapsuleRebel for iPhone 3G

image

SwitchEasy has announced its new CapsuleRebel case for the iPhone 3G. The CapsuleRebel is a hybrid case featuring a inner layer made of Adaptive Dynamic Soft Polymer (ADSP), a material which is stronger and more UV resistant than silicone, yet soft enough to protect the finish of the iPhone 3G. A Lexan polycarbonate “UltraFrame” attaches to the outside of the ADSP shell, covering over 60 percent of the case with the impact-resistant frame. The CapsuleRebel also features tactile covers for the device’s buttons, and comes with two anti-static screen guards, a microfiber cleaning wipe, a Universal Dock Adapter, a video dock stand, and a Dock Connector protector. Available in black or white, the SwitchEasy CapsuleRebel for iPhone 3G is available now and sells for $25.

« PDair offers leather, aluminum, silicone cases for iPhone 3G

Comments

I bought one of these last week here in Japan and I have to say it is great.  I only have two small quirks.

1.  It doesn’t fit in the iPhone 3G dock and of course you can’t use the universal adapter in that dock.

2.  The back hard protection surface scratches fairly easy and doesn’t retain it’s “purdy” look.

Other than that I am quite pleased with the purchase and protection qualities.

Posted by Stuart on July 23, 2008 at 8:00 AM (PDT)

This case looks awesome.  I may consider replacing my Griffin Wave case with one of these.  I only wish it also included a snap-in type of a belt holster.  Why are so many cases designed for pocket carry? I want my phone on my hip!

Posted by Matt M on July 23, 2008 at 10:24 PM (PDT)

@Stuart:  Does the case add much bulk to the iPhone? It is hard to tell from the picture.

Posted by Chris on July 24, 2008 at 5:01 AM (PDT)

@Stuart

It comes with some adapter for docking, are you saying those doesn’t work as intented?

And would also like to know how much bulk it add to the iPhone.

Posted by Jimmy on July 24, 2008 at 7:15 AM (PDT)

@Chris not in my opinion, I got the white one. I used it with my uni dock and i love it very much. My only complaint is no holes for hand strap.

Posted by kuni on July 24, 2008 at 7:16 AM (PDT)

@Jimmy I think he means it can’t fit the original 3G dock.

Posted by kuni on July 24, 2008 at 7:19 AM (PDT)

I love the look of this case and ordered one as soon as I saw it this AM. I wish they had an option for a black & white combo though - I think it would look great with the white spine over black rubber, or vice versa. Maybe I’ll have to order two and sell off the other one…

Posted by weatherman on July 24, 2008 at 8:31 AM (PDT)

sexiest case I’ve seen by far - but yes I agree a duo tone white and black might look nifty.  I was thinking of emailing them and asking them to just send me a spare white spine if it was possible.

But i ordered it as soon as I saw it yesterday - it shipped the same day smile

Posted by rafik on July 24, 2008 at 9:10 AM (PDT)

@ Chris -  Sorry for the delay in reply.
It does add a little bit of bulk however, not too much.  It is definitely doable. smile

@ Jimmy - The dock adaptor works with other products however, it does not fit into the new iPhone 3G dock.  Nor does the iPhone now with the cover.
Basically, if you have an older product from the 1st gen iPhone, you can use the dock adapter included to make it fit.

Posted by Stuart on July 24, 2008 at 9:30 AM (PDT)

@Stuart
Is the headphone port still easily accessible? It looks like it’s recessed a little bit—similar to the original iPhone. I’d be worried that an L-shaped headphone jack wouldn’t fit in there.

Posted by smerd on July 24, 2008 at 10:31 AM (PDT)

They do have a blk/wht combo or shall I say wht/blk ( Skeleton ) along with a few other colors thats set to be released on Aug 8th.  I ordered the black one yesterday as well, but they are releasing a charcoal one similar to the black, but its a little opaque.  Both look good IMO.

Posted by Khayri on July 24, 2008 at 12:07 PM (PDT)

Khayri you got advance preview? smile..

Posted by Jimmy on July 24, 2008 at 1:21 PM (PDT)

Wow ilounge sure got cracky people, for more details about colours go amazon Japan and search for CapsuleRebel and you should find it. If i get deleted again, this shall be my last visit.

Posted by kuni on July 24, 2008 at 6:39 PM (PDT)

@ Jimmy:  No advanced preview just go to the site that the poster above me mentioned or the US site.  I would’ve, but I didnt want the post to get deleted or risk getting banned, lol….

Posted by kharyri on July 25, 2008 at 6:54 AM (PDT)

@Stuart

Does the screen protector have the orange peel effect like the Invisible Shield?

Posted by Jimmy on July 25, 2008 at 10:58 AM (PDT)

I found mine on eBay for $20.  If you search amazon you can find all the colors and they say available 8-8-08.  I think these cases and the idea will become very popular, I can see it now… Trade colors with your friends or buy them all and make your own wacky combinations!!!  If these guys were smart they would make ones with a flower or skull shape in the spine.  Hotcakes I tell ya!

Posted by FliP on July 27, 2008 at 9:02 AM (PDT)

I just got mine last night (blk/blk) and think it’s great so far. The shell does show some scratches, which is unfortunate, but it’s a case and that’s what it’s there for. It still fits in my pocket easily and I’m more confident holding it with the rubbery grip. Access to everything (buttons, headphone jack, camera) are well-preserved.

Posted by Marc on July 29, 2008 at 7:03 AM (PDT)

I ordered one early last week.
The USPS (Stamps.com) site showed it delivered - it was most certainly not.
I was there waiting, so nobody stole it off of my porch.
I emailed the guys at Switcheasy and got an email hours later - on the weekend - telling me not to worry, to check my address in Paypal, and they’d get one out to me tomorrow (Monday)
No BS about it being lost, or any other crap - just “we’ll take care of you”
That is a company that will get MY business!
So, while I can’t yet rate the case, I can rate the company, and it’s A+ from where I sit!

Posted by slb on August 10, 2008 at 9:59 AM (PDT)

Got the case today - it rocks!
Wonderful kit this is.
Has all the things you need and it’s looks are unique as well.
Great case + extras, and the price kills others offerings.
Highly recommended!!!

Posted by slb on August 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM (PDT)

I ordered this case after having read this article. I have to say that this case is fantastic.  The price can not be beat especially due to the fact that you get all the extra goodies. I got the DEVIL, black with red combo and I have been getting a bunch of compliments on it.  I tell you the case fits my 3g like a glove! It feels like it is part of the phone and doesn’t add much bulk to it’s overall size. I have not experienced any issues with the silver frame of the phone not being covered. It fits perfectly!  I am so impressed with this case that I can’t recommend and praise it enough. I also purchased their acrylic biscuit case for my Nano and it is great too.  SwitchEasy has me as a customer from now on.

Posted by Andre on August 20, 2008 at 2:19 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >