SwitchEasy Capsule for 2G iPod nano now available | iLounge News

SwitchEasy Capsule for 2G iPod nano now available

image

SwitchEasy Limited has announced the immediate availability of its Capsule case for second-generation iPod nanos. The cases, offered in either Crystal or Black Amber, are made from GE Lexan plastics and include integrated Click Wheel protection and a color-matching headphone port extender. Unique to the Black Amber Capsule is a “floating Display effect,” in which the nano’s screen is not visible when off, and appears to “float” when active. You can learn more by checking out our First Look. The SwitchEasy Capsule case for second-generation iPod nano sells for $20.

« Apple’s Jobs, Ive up for Time 100 voting

AT&T to market iPhone to biz customers »

Comments

I think this is the most novel and interesting case i have seen in some time.

Posted by bozz on April 24, 2007 at 11:17 AM (CDT)

While I somehow do not see a reason for using a case with a nano - especially one that looks as though it would catch much more optical damage than than the nano ever could - the screen thingy is quite nice.

Posted by Bad Beaver on April 24, 2007 at 11:37 AM (CDT)

Yeah, I thought it was a nice case when i read about it yesterday.  It doesn’t appear that it’s distributed in the states, though.  Too bad.  Did I miss a distributor link from their site?

Posted by Jim Beam on April 24, 2007 at 4:35 PM (CDT)

Nope, it doesn’t look like it’s available through US retailers yet, but you can still order it from the website for $22.99 including shipping. I kinda wish I hadn’t gotten the iSkin now, even though I love their cases.

Posted by mysteryd8 on April 24, 2007 at 6:15 PM (CDT)

this is one nice looking nano case.

Posted by kell on April 24, 2007 at 6:44 PM (CDT)

They should make a 5G vesion. I can only imagine how effects your screen or how badly it can be scratched. It looks really nice in the picture,though. I’ve seen this before. When the 1G Nanos were out, a similar case was created. I don’t know if it was by the same company.

Posted by ddsd on April 25, 2007 at 10:52 AM (CDT)

Looks great, fits great!  I cannot confirm above problems BUT: the “ultra sensitive membran” is not sensitively - its nearly impossible to scroll “with comfort”.
Does someone have experience with these new SwitchEasy covering?

Posted by closetocrazy on May 9, 2007 at 9:57 AM (CDT)

I bought the black capsule and it does protect, but in the matter of a few weeks the face has become incredibly scratched.  I have written an email to switcheasy, hopefully they will respond in a favorable manner.

Posted by Jesse on June 15, 2007 at 1:15 PM (CDT)