SwitchEasy launches Biscuits plastic cases for 3G nano | iLounge News

SwitchEasy launches Biscuits plastic cases for 3G nano

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, September 19, 2007
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

SwitchEasy has launched its new Biscuits hard cases for iPod nano (with video). Features include an ultrasonic welded polycarbonate screen-protecting window for Biscuits, a disappearing LCD screen effect for Black Biscuit, slide-in installation, duo tone logo and body construction, and notches on either side of the Click Wheel for easier access. In addition, Biscuits include static membrane guards for both the nano’s back and Click Wheel, color matching Dock connector protector, a white headphone jack adapter for Biscuits, a color-matching headphone jack adapter for Black Biscuit, a custom Universal Dock connector with sink bottom notch for easier Click Wheel access, and a color-matching lanyard. Biscuits will come in five colors — Ivory White, Ruby Red, Sassy Pink, Pastel Blue, Green Apple — and will sell for $20 when they are released September 28. The Black Biscuit model sells for $22, and is available now.

« DLO rolls out new PowerBug, Auto Charger for iPod

ezGear debuts ezArmor for iPod classic »

Comments

These look cool, but I’m waiting for some reviews to roll in…  I do like the recesses around the scrollwheel, though.

Posted by jatorres on September 19, 2007 at 12:50 PM (PDT)

looking forward to the review on these…they look great.

Posted by Marc on September 20, 2007 at 7:42 AM (PDT)

I just ordered the black one based on the positive iLounge review for the G2 nano Capsule. I just wish that they had integrated the click-wheel protection as an attached membrane on the case instead of the static guard.

Posted by mysteryd8 on September 20, 2007 at 10:09 AM (PDT)

I ordered a Black one the almost a week ago, have not heard a word from the company, have emailed them multiple times with no answer. Has anyone who ordered from them gotten their product, or had better luck? If you did get it, how long did it take?

Posted by JETJR on September 25, 2007 at 4:14 PM (PDT)

Same here: ordered it last week, was charged instantly, no news since then.

Posted by G on September 26, 2007 at 5:33 PM (PDT)

G, can you post here if you do find anything out. mysteryd8, did you have any better luck? Does anyone have a phone number for the company?

Posted by JETJR on September 26, 2007 at 7:38 PM (PDT)

Me neither, no news from them since September 21st when I ordered my Black Biscuit. Several emails to all their email addresses but NO ANSWER…

If someone can provide us with their phone number…

Thanks

Posted by Venc on September 28, 2007 at 7:35 AM (PDT)

can anyone from ilounge help us out? They even post your rating on their main page now.

Do you want your reviews and website associated with a company that treats its customers in this fashion?

Posted by JETJR on September 28, 2007 at 8:49 AM (PDT)

Great ordered on 9/25, charged immediately, and as reported here, no contact from the company indicating when my case would be sent.  Numerous emails sent w/out response, no phone number listed on web site, overall thus far horrible customer service.  Actually, NO customer service.

Posted by D6AMIA6N on September 28, 2007 at 9:32 AM (PDT)

We’ve contacted the vendor and requested immediate resolution of these concerns for our readers.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on September 28, 2007 at 11:44 AM (PDT)

**I received this a little bit ago:

Dear Joe,

So sorry for the late reply! We are a really small company and the product is so hot right now that we are barely keeping up with sales.
Can you let us know your order number so we can look into it?

Cheers,

Steve Bau

Director,

SwitchEasy Limited

**Then after I replied I got this:

Dear Joe,

You’ve ordered on the 21st, it should be there. We’ve sent out your batch in the 24th. I will process your refund.

So sorry for the confusion.

- Steve Bau

**The refund has cleared paypal

Posted by JETJR on September 28, 2007 at 11:54 AM (PDT)

I send a request through Paypal and few hours after, I was refund by the company with a small excuse sentence from the sales “Sorry for the delay”...

It seems that this company can’t honor its sales…

Posted by Venc on September 28, 2007 at 1:54 PM (PDT)

I received my Black Biscuit for my 3G iPod Nano today - one question I have is in regards to sliding off the back cover once it is snapped on with the iPod installed…it seems impossible to get off - anyone have luck getting the iPod out?

Posted by Dave on October 1, 2007 at 5:02 PM (PDT)

Hey guys, This is Steve Bau from SwitchEasy. First of all, we had to apologize for the delay in shipment to all you fans out there. The matter of fact is that we are the first one out and the product is just too popular. We have shifted our fulfillment facility to the U.S. recently and yes, we do have some fullfillment problems due to the unanticipated rush. And to worsen the matter, we had customs issue while one of our admin people declared “black biscuits” on our fedex export invoice instead of “plastic case for MP3 player”. DOH… Not only that, our distributors from all over the world is increasing their pressure on us to get products for their market. But anyway, we are steadily shipping products over to the U.S. fullfillment center and the backlog should be cleared in the week of October 8th. To compensate any mistakes on our part, we are throwing in a free unit of RunAway™ for any late orders. And yes, in some cases I do make house calls to customers are not treated fairly. I personally reply anywhere from 80 to 120 emails aday due to this backlog and we are trying our best to fullfill your needs. We are a small company, and we do love you!

Cheers,

Steve Bau

Director,

SwitchEasy Limited

Posted by Steve Bau on October 2, 2007 at 11:03 AM (PDT)

Regarding to case sliding, we had three people emailing us regarding to that issue. It’s very simple and here it goes..

1. Place your Biscuit, with screen facing down, on your palm.
2. Place your second palm gently on the back side (where the red logo
is), and slightly applying pressure when sliding out the back.

Cheers,

Steve Bau

Director,

SwitchEasy Limited

Posted by steve Bau on October 2, 2007 at 11:05 AM (PDT)

I ordered mine around 1pm on 10/11, was charged and haven’t yet received it or word from the company.  However, this most recent posting from them gives me a lot of hope.  Everything I’ve seen written from people who’ve received them is positive and everyone loves them.  I just wish I knew when to expect mine, I can’t wait to get it!  smile

Posted by skadiwolf on October 18, 2007 at 7:28 AM (PDT)

*Update!*  I received my Black Biscuit case on Saturday, 10/20 and I couldn’t be more pleased!  I actually bought it for my (PRODUCT) RED iPod nano so it gives this fantastic black cherry effect that’s just gorgeous!  The cover seems like it would make the screen really dark but even just raising it to 50% it’s easily viewed and at 75% it’s practically perfect!  The static covers for the click wheel do have that sort of scotchtape effect that makes them a little cloudy and very obvious, but they fit perfectly.  The lanyard is fantastic and I like the little protective cover for the bottom of the case though I probably won’t use it.  The coolest addition to the case set though has got to be the headphone adapter, which can actually be used with the iPhone to allow regular headphone use!  Overall, this is a gorgeous, well-fitting case that I highly recommend.  Be patient if your order is delayed, it’s well worth it!

Posted by skadiwolf on October 21, 2007 at 4:38 PM (PDT)

How do you take off the Case once the ipod is in it? please

Posted by Luke Brightwell on December 15, 2007 at 10:30 AM (PDT)

I ordered the Capsule iTouch UltraBlack case on December 30.  Payment was taken immediately, yet to date, I haven’t received the product.  I e-mailed SwitchEasy and didn’t get a reply.  SEND ME MY PRODUCT!!!

Posted by Mike on January 8, 2008 at 12:06 PM (PDT)

I ordered a Biscuit for my little girl’s nano on 1/5. My credit card was charged immediately. I haven’t heard anything yet from SwitchEasy. Emailed last week and no response. Emailed again today because I couldn’t find a phone number anywhere to call.

Posted by Rob on January 22, 2008 at 10:15 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >