SwitchEasy offers RunAway holder for Nike+iPod Sport Kit | iLounge News

SwitchEasy offers RunAway holder for Nike+iPod Sport Kit

image

SwitchEasy Limited has announced the RunAway AnyShoe Adapter for the Nike+iPod Sport Kit. Made of splash-proof polycarbonate/ABS plastic, the RunAway is a protective holder that allows runners to use the Sport Kit sensor with shoes other than compatible Nike+ models. The RunAway ($8) features a “twist and lock” attachment mechanism and is available in white, black, red, orange, blue, or pink. A color lens pack ($4) with three translucent lens caps in red, orange, and yellow will be available later this month.

« V-Moda unveils Vibe earphones

Etymotic to unveil Ety8 wireless earphones »

Comments

Does anybody know if anyone is selling this in the US?

Posted by Ruben on November 2, 2006 at 8:27 AM (PDT)

Never mind, I found it.  The website design is a little goofy, I click on Where to Buy? and it only showed Europe and Japan (not US).  Then I noticed there is another link at the top for US on the product page.  Confusing design for a website in my opinion.

Posted by Ruben on November 2, 2006 at 8:35 AM (PDT)

Ruben, I did the same thing dude! Very confusing. For $10 shipped, it seems like a very good deal!

Posted by Dave on November 2, 2006 at 1:51 PM (PDT)

looks sweet. I’ll be picking this up smile Glad I waited…

Posted by Glorybox3737 on November 2, 2006 at 4:03 PM (PDT)

Nice! This looks better that the other velcro / shoelace pouches. I think it’s actually worth the $10, not like the Marware pouch which is overpriced. I only hope that it doesn’t mess up the sensor accuracy.

Posted by Bluegruff on November 2, 2006 at 6:46 PM (PDT)

This iPOd + Nike cool gadget is for joggers - runners. Does anyone knows if there is one for road cycling? Can’t wait to find it.

Posted by Escorpion on November 2, 2006 at 8:57 PM (PDT)

does it only work for the nano

Posted by adfhgbaewrgh on November 2, 2006 at 9:51 PM (PDT)

I am announcing the immediate availability of my own device for attaching the Nike+ Sport Kit sensor to non-Nike shoes.  It has been personally tested in over 300 miles of running on a variety of terrains.  Best of all it is free! I’m revealing it right now exclusively on iLounge: Stick the darn thing between your laces and the tongue of the shoe!

Posted by rasterfaster on November 3, 2006 at 8:37 AM (PDT)

+ $2 shipping = $9.99

Posted by Paul on November 7, 2006 at 11:35 AM (PDT)

I bought one of these and received it promptly, though it arrived in a plain envelope marked as a “commercial sample” straight from Hong Kong to avoid export tariffs. classy

It’s a great concept, looks great, mostly well-made and seems to be just as accurate as the home-made pouch that formerly kept my Nike+ sensor strapped to my laces, BUT the part of the device that holds it doesn’t stay latched when you actually run with it on, which causes it to flop around with each stride.

To be fair, it still delivered numbers inline with what I was reading off the treadmill, but the floppiness is rather disconcerting. The bottom part that loops through your laces stayed in place, but it just felt as if the end that holds the sensor might fly off at any moment.

As I said, the numbers it gave still appeared to be accurate, but this is still a little worrisome.

Posted by emseearr on December 12, 2006 at 10:41 AM (PDT)