T-Mobile, Orange Austria announce competitive 3GS pricing
Both T-Mobile and Orange in Austria have announced their pricing for the iPhone 3GS, offering competitive plans due to their non-exclusivity. T-Mobile will be offering customers 16GB 3GS units for €149 on a €39/month contract offering 2,000 call minutes, 1,000 SMS, and 1GB of data; the 32GB model is €249 with this plan. Alternately, customers can choose the more expensive €49/month plan, which offers 3,000 minutes, 1,000 SMS, and 3GB data, and pay €49 for the 16GB 3GS, or €149 for the 32GB model. The 8GB iPhone 3G is being offered for free no matter which plan the user chooses; all plans contain upcharges for MMS messaging, and the company is also offering a €49 online coupon, a money-back guarantee, and an offer of no monthly payments for the rest of 2009. Current customers may purchase the new 16GB handset for €539, with 32GB units running €639.
Orange will also be offering tiered pricing on the iPhone 3GS, with the 16GB model running €69, €119, or €199, depending on the plan chosen, while the 32GB model will cost €169, €219, or €299. The 8GB iPhone 3G will range in price from €49 to €149. Orange is also offering an online coupon of €40, and like T-Mobile is charging extra for MMS messages. Tethering will be offered at a cost of €2 per month, €0.20 per MB. Finally, Orange will offer the iPhone 3GS without a contract, and has priced the 16GB model at €500, and the 32GB at €600. Both carriers will launch the phone on June 26.
[With contributions from Alicia Bankhofer.]
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 4 to developers, adds Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada in March?
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 2 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.2, fixing missing ringtones issue
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12