T-Mobile to offer iPhone in Netherlands, wider Euro rollout ahead?
The iPhone may be headed to the Netherlands later this month on T-Mobile, according to a new report. Citing a source within the company, All About Phones (Translated Link) says that the iPhone will be hitting the Dutch market soon, possibly as early as late March, and will be offered by T-Mobile. This report follows recent developments that suggest Apple may be planning to roll out the iPhone in more European countries. Carrier-specific files found in the latest version of the iPhone’s software suggested that the device would soon be coming to T-Mobile in Austria, Telecom Italia Mobile in Italy, and O2 in Ireland. Previous reports have also suggested that Telefonica SA will offer the phone in Spain. T-Mobile Austria has confirmed that it begin selling the iPhone in the first half of 2008, while O2 Ireland last week announced that it will be launching the device on March 14. In addition, Morgan Stanley analyst Kathryn Huberty recently noted that Apple spent $550,000 on Steve Jobs’ airplane expenses in the fourth quarter, around three times the average over the prior six quarters. Huberty said that Jobs is “integral to negotiations with international carriers and supply chain partners,” meaning that much of his travel may have been to close deals with potential iPhone carriers.
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 4 to developers, adds Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada in March?
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 2 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.2, fixing missing ringtones issue
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12