Tablet data poll ends, iPad name poll begins
With nearly 2,900 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you buy the Apple tablet if it requires you to sign up for a cellular data service plan?” has ended. Readers were given a range of choices, with two positive answers, one dependent on plan pricing and one not, as well as two negative answers, one of which covered those who weren’t interested no matter what services or features are offered.
Unless most readers were hoping for a price lower than $499, it seems many will be in line for an iPad in the near future, as more than half of readers—56%—said they wouldn’t buy the tablet, now known as the iPad, if it required cellular service, but would if it’s Wi-Fi only. A full one-fifth of readers—20%—said they wouldn’t buy the iPad no matter what features or services are offered, followed by 19% who said they would buy it but only if the pricing and data service terms are reasonable. Finally, 6% of readers said they would buy one regardless of the pricing of the cellular plan. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the product name, “iPad.” We’d like to know what you think of it. Whether you’re a man or woman, do you like the name, like it but don’t plan on buying one, or do you dislike the name, and will buy one anyway, or do you dislike the name and don’t plan on purchasing one? Our new poll, “What are your feelings about the iPad name?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- Executives talk Apple Music successes and failures
- Apple Q4 earnings call set for October 27
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- Apple lacks lobbying power in fight with EU
- Apple to offer ‘Spoken Editions’ of written content from top publishers
- Apple working to turn HealthKit into diagnosis tool
- Hackers expose security flaw in iOS 10’s local backups
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.2 to fix headphone controls, iCloud Photo Library
- Report: Apple’s Siri home hub has reached the prototype stage
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps