Tablet data poll ends, iPad name poll begins
With nearly 2,900 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you buy the Apple tablet if it requires you to sign up for a cellular data service plan?” has ended. Readers were given a range of choices, with two positive answers, one dependent on plan pricing and one not, as well as two negative answers, one of which covered those who weren’t interested no matter what services or features are offered.
Unless most readers were hoping for a price lower than $499, it seems many will be in line for an iPad in the near future, as more than half of readers—56%—said they wouldn’t buy the tablet, now known as the iPad, if it required cellular service, but would if it’s Wi-Fi only. A full one-fifth of readers—20%—said they wouldn’t buy the iPad no matter what features or services are offered, followed by 19% who said they would buy it but only if the pricing and data service terms are reasonable. Finally, 6% of readers said they would buy one regardless of the pricing of the cellular plan. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the product name, “iPad.” We’d like to know what you think of it. Whether you’re a man or woman, do you like the name, like it but don’t plan on buying one, or do you dislike the name, and will buy one anyway, or do you dislike the name and don’t plan on purchasing one? Our new poll, “What are your feelings about the iPad name?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)