Tablet data poll ends, iPad name poll begins
With nearly 2,900 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you buy the Apple tablet if it requires you to sign up for a cellular data service plan?” has ended. Readers were given a range of choices, with two positive answers, one dependent on plan pricing and one not, as well as two negative answers, one of which covered those who weren’t interested no matter what services or features are offered.
Unless most readers were hoping for a price lower than $499, it seems many will be in line for an iPad in the near future, as more than half of readers—56%—said they wouldn’t buy the tablet, now known as the iPad, if it required cellular service, but would if it’s Wi-Fi only. A full one-fifth of readers—20%—said they wouldn’t buy the iPad no matter what features or services are offered, followed by 19% who said they would buy it but only if the pricing and data service terms are reasonable. Finally, 6% of readers said they would buy one regardless of the pricing of the cellular plan. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the product name, “iPad.” We’d like to know what you think of it. Whether you’re a man or woman, do you like the name, like it but don’t plan on buying one, or do you dislike the name, and will buy one anyway, or do you dislike the name and don’t plan on purchasing one? Our new poll, “What are your feelings about the iPad name?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Report: Apple now prioritizing autonomous driving system in car project
- WSJ: Apple’s ‘hard-charging’ approach unsuccessful in negotiations with TV networks
- Video purports to show official Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Australian banks team up to push for other mobile payment apps on iPhone
- Report: iPhone 7 may feature 3D Touch home button
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app