Tablet name poll ends, 2010 product poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “What should Apple name its upcoming tablet device, assuming that it’s iPhone OS-based?” has come to an end. Readers were given a choice between iTab or iTablet, iBook, iPad, iPod touch XL, iSlate, or something else, the last of which prompted them to post their proposed name in the comments.
With 32 percent of the vote, iPad was the most popular name, followed by iTab or iTablet with 27%. 15% thought iSlate would make a good moniker, while 13% thought Apple should revive the iBook name, and four percent believed iPod touch XL would be a fitting name. Among the nine percent who responded “Something else,” Newton appeared to be the most popular alternative, with MacBook touch also receiving multiple mentions. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the upcoming year. What potential 2010 Apple product are you most looking forward to? Is it the rumored Apple tablet, or the more certain fourth-generation iPhone? Or perhaps you’ve been waiting for a fourth-generation iPod touch, or a second-generation Apple TV, or even a sixth-generation iPod nano? Or do you wish Apple would give the iPod classic another makeover with a seventh-generation model, or want a new iPod shuffle but want to wait for a fourth-generation model? Or perhaps something else? Our new poll, “Heading into 2010, what potential Apple product are you most looking forward to?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge poll in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Report: Apple developing Siri home speaker to rival Amazon’s Echo; will release Siri SDK at WWDC
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- Cook discusses ambitious plan to beef up Apple Watch’s health monitoring
- New leak shows dual camera exclusive to ‘iPhone 7 Plus,’ but no Smart Connector
- Apple releases first developer betas for iOS 9.3.3, tvOS 9.2.2
- More iPhone 7 leaks surface, protruding camera seen
- Apple pulls iOS 9.3.2 update for 9.7” iPad Pro due to ‘bricking’ issues
- Report: CarPlay coming to BMW vehicles later this year
- Report: One iPhone model to use a glass casing next year
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)