Tablet name poll ends, 2010 product poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “What should Apple name its upcoming tablet device, assuming that it’s iPhone OS-based?” has come to an end. Readers were given a choice between iTab or iTablet, iBook, iPad, iPod touch XL, iSlate, or something else, the last of which prompted them to post their proposed name in the comments.
With 32 percent of the vote, iPad was the most popular name, followed by iTab or iTablet with 27%. 15% thought iSlate would make a good moniker, while 13% thought Apple should revive the iBook name, and four percent believed iPod touch XL would be a fitting name. Among the nine percent who responded “Something else,” Newton appeared to be the most popular alternative, with MacBook touch also receiving multiple mentions. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the upcoming year. What potential 2010 Apple product are you most looking forward to? Is it the rumored Apple tablet, or the more certain fourth-generation iPhone? Or perhaps you’ve been waiting for a fourth-generation iPod touch, or a second-generation Apple TV, or even a sixth-generation iPod nano? Or do you wish Apple would give the iPod classic another makeover with a seventh-generation model, or want a new iPod shuffle but want to wait for a fourth-generation model? Or perhaps something else? Our new poll, “Heading into 2010, what potential Apple product are you most looking forward to?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge poll in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Spotify penalizing artists who release Apple Music exclusives [Update: Spotify responds]
- Apple releases new round of iOS 10 and tvOS 10 betas
- Report: 2017 iPhone to eliminate home button
- Apple to add payment technology to iPhone for transit passes, Apple Pay in Japan
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.5 ‘security update’
- Report: Apple developing its own Snapchat-style social video editing iOS app
- Apple announces Apple Music Festival lineup including Alicia Keys, Britney Spears + more
- Universal calls an end to exclusives amid criticisms that Apple Music is hurting the industry
- Apple reveals some of its upcoming AI advancements for the iPhone
- Apple Music’s royalty rates complicate Spotify’s contract negotiations
- Western Digital My Cloud (OS 3)
- Distil Union Stanley Stand
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app