Tablet name poll ends, 2010 product poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “What should Apple name its upcoming tablet device, assuming that it’s iPhone OS-based?” has come to an end. Readers were given a choice between iTab or iTablet, iBook, iPad, iPod touch XL, iSlate, or something else, the last of which prompted them to post their proposed name in the comments.
With 32 percent of the vote, iPad was the most popular name, followed by iTab or iTablet with 27%. 15% thought iSlate would make a good moniker, while 13% thought Apple should revive the iBook name, and four percent believed iPod touch XL would be a fitting name. Among the nine percent who responded “Something else,” Newton appeared to be the most popular alternative, with MacBook touch also receiving multiple mentions. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the upcoming year. What potential 2010 Apple product are you most looking forward to? Is it the rumored Apple tablet, or the more certain fourth-generation iPhone? Or perhaps you’ve been waiting for a fourth-generation iPod touch, or a second-generation Apple TV, or even a sixth-generation iPod nano? Or do you wish Apple would give the iPod classic another makeover with a seventh-generation model, or want a new iPod shuffle but want to wait for a fourth-generation model? Or perhaps something else? Our new poll, “Heading into 2010, what potential Apple product are you most looking forward to?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge poll in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Tim Cook to host Hillary Clinton fundraiser
- Report: Apple to update Apple Store app with personalized recommendations
- Report: Apple now prioritizing autonomous driving system in car project
- WSJ: Apple’s ‘hard-charging’ approach unsuccessful in negotiations with TV networks
- Video purports to show official Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Elgato Avea Flare Portable Mood Light
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app