Tablet name poll ends, 2010 product poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “What should Apple name its upcoming tablet device, assuming that it’s iPhone OS-based?” has come to an end. Readers were given a choice between iTab or iTablet, iBook, iPad, iPod touch XL, iSlate, or something else, the last of which prompted them to post their proposed name in the comments.
With 32 percent of the vote, iPad was the most popular name, followed by iTab or iTablet with 27%. 15% thought iSlate would make a good moniker, while 13% thought Apple should revive the iBook name, and four percent believed iPod touch XL would be a fitting name. Among the nine percent who responded “Something else,” Newton appeared to be the most popular alternative, with MacBook touch also receiving multiple mentions. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the upcoming year. What potential 2010 Apple product are you most looking forward to? Is it the rumored Apple tablet, or the more certain fourth-generation iPhone? Or perhaps you’ve been waiting for a fourth-generation iPod touch, or a second-generation Apple TV, or even a sixth-generation iPod nano? Or do you wish Apple would give the iPod classic another makeover with a seventh-generation model, or want a new iPod shuffle but want to wait for a fourth-generation model? Or perhaps something else? Our new poll, “Heading into 2010, what potential Apple product are you most looking forward to?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge poll in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- iDevices adds dynamic automation, enhanced scheduling to ‘Connected’ app for HomeKit
- Apple reports that iOS 10.2.1 significantly reduces unexpected iPhone 6s shutdown issues
- Mobiata announces sunset of FlightTrack 5 and FlightBoard apps
- Harman announces first Wireless CarPlay implementation
- Report: Apple still considering several possible wireless charging solutions for ‘iPhone 8’
- Mini Metro adds Endless Mode
- Apple issues statement opposing Trump administration’s rescission of transgender rights
- ResearchKit study conducted using Apple Watch reveals new insights into seizures
- Instagram adds ability to include up to 10 photos or videos in a single post
- Facebook’s talks with MLB raise possibility that game streams could come to Apple TV
- PureGear PureSwitch HomeKit-enabled Wireless Smart Plug
- 1More Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10