Tablet poll ends, 2009 iPod poll begins
With over 3,200 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Would you buy a oversized iPod touch with a larger screen if it lacked full computer functionality?” has ended. Readers could say they would be interested in either a 10-inch or a 6- or 7-inch version of such a device, that they wouldn’t be interested in such a gadget unless it ran a full-fledged desktop operating system, or that they wouldn’t be interested due its lack of keyboard or some other hardware limitation.
According to the results, nearly half of iLounge readers (47%) are awaiting a tablet running a full-fledged desktop operating system, as they said they would not be interested in such a device running iPhone-like software. Another 19% said they wouldn’t be interested in such a device at all, due to its lack of keyboard or other hardware limitation. Of readers who said they would be interested, opinion was nearly split—17% to 18% overall—amongst those who would be interested in a 10-inch device for media playback and light apps and games, and those who would prefer a 6- or 7-inch device with the same functionality. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll concerns Apple’s latest lineup of iPods—we’d like to know what your reaction was to the new iPod nano, classic, touch, and shuffle. Were you pleased enough to plan on purchasing a new model, pleased enough to consider a purchase, or pleased, but not enough to make you buy? Or did you think Apple needed to do more to make the upgrades worthwhile, were downright disappointed by the announcements, or don’t have an opinion either way? Our new poll, “What’s your reaction to the new 2009 iPods?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge launches CES 2015 Special Edition site
- Happy New Year 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015