Tapulous unveils Lady Gaga Revenge, UMG partnership
Tapulous has released its new Lady Gaga Revenge game for the iPhone and iPod touch, and announced a new deal with Universal Music Group to bring more music games to the App Store. Lady Gaga Revenge features 14 tracks and remixes from the pop singer, four boss tracks featuring an all-new horizontal play mode and four rails, themes, graphics, and effects inspired by Lady Gaga videos and discography, four difficulty levels, a multiplayer mode, news feed, and Facebook Connect. It is available now and sells for $5.
Under the new UMG agreement, which kicked off with the release of the Lady Gaga game, the two companies will team up to provide a variety of music-oriented games featuring UMG artists, the ability for users to purchase songs from UMG artists in the upcoming title Tap Tap Revenge 3.0—tracks will run $.50 each and will be provided through iPhone OS 3.0’s In-app Purchases feature, and at least one new rhythm game featuring a UMG artist, to be released this fall.
“We are delighted to partner with Tapulous, whose products strengthen the connection between artists and fans,” said David Ring, Executive Vice President of Business Development and Business Affairs for Universal Music Group’s new media and technologies division. “This is just another example of how UMG is continuing to cultivate online entertainment by offering our consumers even more ways to enjoy the musical experience.”
“The ability to offer great music and partner with superstar artists is critical to our ability to delight our users and maintain our position as the leader in music games and iPhone apps,” added Tapulous CEO Bart Decrem. “As the world’s leading music company, UMG has a fantastic roster of artists, and the company has been very aggressive in exploring the new possibilities offered by the iPhone, so this marks an important milestone for our company.”
- Lara Croft GO, Instagram, Pocket, Scanbot, Vine
- Animal Jam Play Wild, Final Fantasy VII, WonderBox, Square Cash 2.8, Swarm 3.0
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Carrot Weather, Google News & Weather, Microsoft Outlook
- Updated Apple Store app accepts gift cards
- EU ends one inquiry into Apple, begins another
- 1Password, Calcbot, Pennies + Twitterrific on the Apple Watch
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?