Target now selling pink ColorWare iPods | iLounge News

Target now selling pink ColorWare iPods

image

Target is now selling special two-tone pink edition iPods produced by ColorWare. Target is selling the pink iPods for $80-$90 over retail—the store is offering 1GB ($230) and 2GB ($280) iPod nanos and 30GB ($390) and 60GB ($490) fifth-generation iPods. The pink iPods are available online only. As previously reported on iLounge, ColorWare offers custom painted iPods and other electronics. The company allows customers to pick between 24 standard colors and several color combinations. iPod nanos are available directly from ColorWare for $65 over retail, and 5G iPods for $75 over retail.

« Neuros Recorder 2 update offers clearer iPod-ready videos

France adopts toned down iTunes interoperability law »

Comments

Gayest ipod ever….

Of all colors why pink? And why did they solely choose pink?
Do they really think that this will attract customers; iPods are already freakin expensive as heck! You can just buy a colored case for a lot cheaper, if you truly need a different color.

Posted by Brent on June 30, 2006 at 10:48 AM (PDT)

I dont see why Target is selling a Pink iPod. Their color is red… Unless its to target women.

Posted by Joe on June 30, 2006 at 11:02 AM (PDT)

perfect for thoccer playerth!

Posted by icantpod on June 30, 2006 at 11:12 AM (PDT)

Target has been selling Special Edition pink electronics for awhile.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on June 30, 2006 at 11:42 AM (PDT)

icantpod: So, football (or “soccer”) players are gay now? I’d like to see you try to keep playing after some guy rams his feet right into your achilles heel at 30Mph, let alone stand up! And I like that colour scheme, as far as flamboyantly pink colour schemes can be liked. I hope they whip something like that out, but maybe in football team colours, at Curry’s- they’d make a killing.

Posted by Special_K on June 30, 2006 at 11:47 AM (PDT)

I guess the point of having a different colored ipod is to outcast yourself from the majority of people who own white/black ipods. Still, I wouldn’t mind having a pink ipod but I wouldn’t pay more than I have to.

Posted by Jonathan on June 30, 2006 at 12:22 PM (PDT)

why not blue and green? they might sell 2 if their lucky!

Posted by iPodLover on June 30, 2006 at 12:22 PM (PDT)

The thing I find more interesting is that they’re selling essentially a modded iPod.  It’s one thing for an individual buyer to decide to buy such an item but for a big named store like Target to sell it seems weird.  The color mod doesn’t void the warranty does it?

Posted by df57 on June 30, 2006 at 12:31 PM (PDT)

You guys are all stupid. If you don’t like the pink ones, go to colorware.com and order one that you like. You can only order it from target online abyway…

Posted by joey on June 30, 2006 at 2:00 PM (PDT)

Oh yeah, yes there is still a warranty…

Posted by joey on June 30, 2006 at 2:03 PM (PDT)

You get a bit more than just color with this modded pod…. It’s actually a automotive quality paintjob with an extra protective clearcoat.  You could use the paintjob instead of all those crappy films or plastics, its def worth the extra cash.

Posted by Jake on June 30, 2006 at 2:09 PM (PDT)

But is it worth $80 - $90 over retail?

Posted by Mr. Anderson on June 30, 2006 at 3:02 PM (PDT)

The coating on the front can not scratch! So its cool! and if you have a problem with pink dont buy one!

Posted by BETTY KOYLE on June 30, 2006 at 4:14 PM (PDT)

Dennis…...............

Take a lesson from Target, and sell us iPod-aholics an “iLounge” iPod.

Are you sick of hearing this from me yet?

Posted by jwc110869 on June 30, 2006 at 5:08 PM (PDT)

Yes it is the gayest ipod ever, but when I first saw it I thought it was to spread breast cancer awareness, a good cause.  But after reading the details, it seems to be true: the gayest ipod ever…LOL.

Posted by jacktripper on June 30, 2006 at 7:41 PM (PDT)

“I dont see why Target is selling a Pink iPod. Their color is red…”

Exactly.  Why pink?  And red would be a much better choice because it would appeal to both guys and gals.

???

Posted by Sean on July 1, 2006 at 12:27 AM (PDT)

Pink electronics are a trend right now…and target is all about aesthetic trends. Guys are easy to sell ipods too, we’re technoaddicts a lot of us, women not as often. I know 7-10 guys besides myself with ipods, and one woman.  They pink Razor has really taken off and even though I wouldn’t want one I think making a pink ipod is brilliant marketing.  My wifes cell phone is a pink sprint phone.  Besides, face it, most of us guys would just get the black one even if there was a whole rainbow of colors to pick from.  Same goes for pink with a lot of ladies.

Posted by RON on July 1, 2006 at 6:07 AM (PDT)

“icantpod: So, football (or “soccer”) players are short.be now? I’d like to see you try to keep playing after some guy rams his feet right into your achilles heel at 30Mph, let alone stand up!”

Jeez, try to have a sense of humor, stupid as my “joke” was.  And please don’t try to tell me soccer is a rough sport.  IT IS NOT. Ooh, kicked in my shin! Owee! Come on.

Posted by icantpod on July 1, 2006 at 7:49 AM (PDT)

If you are too poor to afford an iPod (even the colored ones), then get a better job.

Posted by James K on July 1, 2006 at 8:27 AM (PDT)

doesn’t seem to make much sense to sell it only online if they can buy it from colorware for 15 bucks less… and in any colour combo they want.

let me be the first guy to say that the pink looks pretty hot though. not sure if i’d buy it though. i wear pink shirts, but i don’t use pink electronics.

Posted by albert on July 1, 2006 at 8:33 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >