Target now selling pink ColorWare iPods | iLounge News

Target now selling pink ColorWare iPods

image

Target is now selling special two-tone pink edition iPods produced by ColorWare. Target is selling the pink iPods for $80-$90 over retail—the store is offering 1GB ($230) and 2GB ($280) iPod nanos and 30GB ($390) and 60GB ($490) fifth-generation iPods. The pink iPods are available online only. As previously reported on iLounge, ColorWare offers custom painted iPods and other electronics. The company allows customers to pick between 24 standard colors and several color combinations. iPod nanos are available directly from ColorWare for $65 over retail, and 5G iPods for $75 over retail.

« Neuros Recorder 2 update offers clearer iPod-ready videos

France adopts toned down iTunes interoperability law »

Comments

Can you get these anywhere else?  Target has standard 5-6 year shipping and I want one for my g/f now.

Posted by scion on July 1, 2006 at 2:29 PM (CDT)

Scion: Colorware.com

icantpod: ha ha ha you’re hilarious

I wouldn’t buy it but I can see a lot of females wanting one.  Especially in SoCal at least.

Posted by steve on July 1, 2006 at 6:51 PM (CDT)

If you don’t like pink, then okay. But why the need to use the word “gay” in a derogatory way? Not cool.

Posted by supesguy on July 1, 2006 at 8:06 PM (CDT)

hey the cute colors of pink on this ipod is the bomb you should get different varities of the colors. like purple, blue, red, orange,etc. it will be great.

Posted by Tiffany on July 2, 2006 at 12:14 AM (CDT)

That is cool. I’m a fan of black or red. But I’d get the pink for my Mother since she is in remission for breast cancer. She loves pink now.  If it doesn’t hurt the warranty, I’m seriously going to have to get this for her.

Posted by Me on July 2, 2006 at 1:24 AM (CDT)

Amazon is also selling them.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Ships in less than 24 hours.

No tax if you go that route, and if you happen to have an Amazon credit card, get triple points.

They also have red in addition to pink.

Posted by batboy on July 2, 2006 at 6:38 AM (CDT)

Here is the link to the red.

Posted by batboy on July 2, 2006 at 6:40 AM (CDT)

In many other parts of the world the pink electronics are very popular. I owned a pink iPod mini for about a year or so, til I upgraded to another mp3 player.

Do some of the folks here really have a fear of carrying a bright pink iPod around? My wife (and labrador) might give me silly looks, but yes, I would buy one.

Posted by Joe on July 2, 2006 at 5:11 PM (CDT)

icantpod—

Have you ever played soccer? You’ve got a bunch of guys running around at full speed, crashing into and kicking each other, with only shin pads to protect your shins. I have cracked ribs twice, and have had teammates go down with broken collarbones, blown out knees, detached retnas and dozens of other smaller, minor injuries. And this is all in an adult rec league where we can’t even slide tackle.

What does soccer/football have to do with a pink iPod anyway?

Posted by Double Crown Records on July 2, 2006 at 5:36 PM (CDT)

btw. if you want a different color for your clickwheel, they charge $395…so it’s not really cheaper to order from them…

Posted by cay on July 2, 2006 at 9:04 PM (CDT)

I can personally vouch for Colorware.com. I had my 4th Gen iPod painted black, and after a year, it looks 100 times better than my wife’s unpainted iPod that is actually newer than mine. Their paint job definitely improves the durability of the iPod’s case, and their customer service is top notch. Expensive, yes, but worth it in my opinion… and yes, pink is for sissies.

Posted by Cooper on July 5, 2006 at 12:16 AM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2