Target stores offer collectible iTunes gift cards | iLounge News

Target stores offer collectible iTunes gift cards

image

Special limited edition iTunes Gift Cards featuring popular bands and artists are now being sold at participating Target stores. Collectible cards featuring Jewel, Kanye West, James Blunt, Mariah Carey, Hoobastank, Dixie Chicks, and Panic at the Disco have custom artwork and provide access to exclusive bonus material on the iTunes Music Store. Six other cards featuring Sheryl Crow, Mary J. Blige, 50 cent, All American Rejects, Black-Eyed Peas, and Weezer offer only custom artwork. Each card is redeemable for $15 worth of iTunes merchandise. “Collect all thirteen cards or give them to your favorite fan,” says Apple.

« PortalPlayer CEO to step down

ATO readying High-definition video add-on for iPod »

Comments

“Collect all thirteen cards or give them to your favorite fan”
oh, please…who wants to collect that crap?!

Posted by LC Angell on July 27, 2006 at 9:22 PM (CDT)

Me. Who knows, seeing as they’re “limited edition”, they could be worth something, someday. You never know. Way better to be safe than sorry.

Posted by LC Angell on July 27, 2006 at 9:33 PM (CDT)

I really want the Mariah Carey one.

Posted by LC Angell on July 27, 2006 at 9:35 PM (CDT)

I’d like to get my hands on the Weezer one. Custom artwork. Woot!

Posted by LC Angell on July 27, 2006 at 10:06 PM (CDT)

ok, so what are you guys going to do with the stuff once you finally have all of them / the ones you want?

Posted by LC Angell on July 27, 2006 at 10:23 PM (CDT)

Things aren’t really all that collectable when they are mass produced…

Posted by LC Angell on July 27, 2006 at 10:27 PM (CDT)

That is not such a bad Idea, I mean If you are going to buy it anyway, sure why not. I don’t think it should be a priority to buy just because of the custom artist though…

Posted by LC Angell on July 27, 2006 at 11:03 PM (CDT)

I’ve seen these things, it was a few weeks back.  They’re not really cards because what you see there is the whole card, it’s not like anything is detachable so you can fit it in say, your wallet or anything.

Posted by LC Angell on July 27, 2006 at 11:27 PM (CDT)

Oooooohh.. $15 pictures of cookie-cutter music ‘artists’ that also let me download expensive low bitrate music! Where do I sign up!?

*shakes head*

Posted by LC Angell on July 27, 2006 at 11:51 PM (CDT)

Yawn… :-(

Posted by LC Angell on July 28, 2006 at 12:04 AM (CDT)

As someone else said, “If you are going to buy it anyway”.

The biggest thing would be the exclusive bonus material you get from some of the cards.  Next time I plan on spending $15 I don’t see why I can’t stop at my nearby target and pick one up just to see the little extra I’ll get from it.

Posted by LC Angell on July 28, 2006 at 12:31 AM (CDT)

Yeah, if anyone buys any of these be sure to let us know what the exclusives are.

Posted by LC Angell on July 28, 2006 at 4:16 AM (CDT)

In response to the question about what the exclusives are, if you go to the ‘Give’ website (http://www.apple.com/itunes/give/), there are some little pics of the cards, and it looks like the bonuses are mainly exclusive video interviews, but the Mariah Carey exclusive looks like a remix of some sort.

Posted by LC Angell on July 28, 2006 at 5:37 AM (CDT)

i want the new nano, not a card…Mike M said it best: Yawn :-(

Posted by LC Angell on July 28, 2006 at 8:37 AM (CDT)

I can’t imagine these would be worth anything to anyone other that a hardcore fan of each artist.

Though, I highly doubt that these will be actually ‘worth’ anything since as it’s been pointed out, they’re mass produced.

It’s merely a promo tool. Meh.

Posted by LC Angell on July 28, 2006 at 10:09 AM (CDT)

Baseball cards are mass produced.

So were some LP cover special editions.

Strangest stuff becomes collectibles.  Not saying these cards will be but you never know.

Posted by LC Angell on July 28, 2006 at 9:22 PM (CDT)