Targus announces new line of iPod gear
Laptop accessory maker Targus today announced an iPod accessory line featuing new cases, a wireless remote and a sound enhancing amplifier.
The Slide Case ($29.95) is a black leather case that consists of two parts—the iPod fits into the top piece, which slides into a second leather piece with a belt clip, allowing you to face your iPod in or out (to conceal it or for easy access to controls). It’s available in three sizes for the iPod mini and all versions of 3G, 4G and photo models.
The Flip Case ($29.95) is also a black leather case for the iPod mini and full-size Click Wheel iPods. It features a front that flips down for quick access to iPod controls and connectors. The Flip Case also includes a belt clip and an iPod screen protector.
Targus’ RemoteTunes ($49.99) wireless remote uses RF technology to allow iPod users “freedom to control their music at home, in the office or while on the go.” It offers a range of 150 feet and does not require line of sight to work. The remote also features a “power save” mode—when it doesn’t receive a signal for 20 minutes, it powers off (once the remote buttons are pressed it automatically powers back up). The package contains a remote, receiver, belt clip, stereo cable and tabletop stand. It is based upon ABT’s iJet (iLounge rating: A-).
The SoundUP ($39.99) high definition sound enhancer and amplifier “utilizes Phantom Technologies’ patented circuit and restores information lost when audio files are compressed—revealing instruments and voices that are trapped during compression and previously not heard.” Available in two sizes for the iPod and iPod mini, the device is also a headphone splitter and includes a remote pass-through allowing RemoteTunes or Apples’ wired remote to be used with it.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?