Targus announces new line of iPod gear
Laptop accessory maker Targus today announced an iPod accessory line featuing new cases, a wireless remote and a sound enhancing amplifier.
The Slide Case ($29.95) is a black leather case that consists of two parts—the iPod fits into the top piece, which slides into a second leather piece with a belt clip, allowing you to face your iPod in or out (to conceal it or for easy access to controls). It’s available in three sizes for the iPod mini and all versions of 3G, 4G and photo models.
The Flip Case ($29.95) is also a black leather case for the iPod mini and full-size Click Wheel iPods. It features a front that flips down for quick access to iPod controls and connectors. The Flip Case also includes a belt clip and an iPod screen protector.
Targus’ RemoteTunes ($49.99) wireless remote uses RF technology to allow iPod users “freedom to control their music at home, in the office or while on the go.” It offers a range of 150 feet and does not require line of sight to work. The remote also features a “power save” mode—when it doesn’t receive a signal for 20 minutes, it powers off (once the remote buttons are pressed it automatically powers back up). The package contains a remote, receiver, belt clip, stereo cable and tabletop stand. It is based upon ABT’s iJet (iLounge rating: A-).
The SoundUP ($39.99) high definition sound enhancer and amplifier “utilizes Phantom Technologies’ patented circuit and restores information lost when audio files are compressed—revealing instruments and voices that are trapped during compression and previously not heard.” Available in two sizes for the iPod and iPod mini, the device is also a headphone splitter and includes a remote pass-through allowing RemoteTunes or Apples’ wired remote to be used with it.
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks