Teac offers clock radio iPod speaker systems | iLounge News

Teac offers clock radio iPod speaker systems

image

Teac recently introduced two new iPod speaker systems with clock radio functions. The SRL-200 ($150; shown) features an integrated iPod dock, digital AM/FM radio tuner with 20 FM station presets, LCD display, and wireless remote. The system lets you awaken or fall asleep to the music on your iPod. The second unit, the Teac GR-10i ($160), is a similar clock radio with iPod dock. It sports a silver exterior, and also features a digital AM/FM tuner, LCD display, remote and sleep/alarm functions.

« i-Theater video headset announced

Mix: Wolfson, Senator Burns, iPod knock-offs, CustomFlix »

Comments

I recently got a TEAC SRL-200 for my birthday. Excellent features but it hummed like a fridge. The humming from the power supply was soo bad it kept me up at night. I took it back to the store and all of them had exactly the same problem.Staff from the store agreed that it sounded “like a fridge” and even brought in a TEAC rep to have a look at it. He said it is not designed to be a clock radio or used anywhere quiet aka a bedroom. He said to me you get what you pay for as TEAC is not a ‘top shelf’ brand and basically you can expect these types of problems from TEAC products. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING - got my money back and am now looking for a quality product not another TEAC product.

Posted by Kos on November 1, 2006 at 2:46 AM (CST)

follow up of the above, the loud humming came from the unit when it was in standby and the only way to stop it was to pull it out of the wall.

Posted by Kos on November 1, 2006 at 2:49 AM (CST)

Just Bought the GR-10i for my iPod… Great sound but not much volume!? It is great for my dorm room and my bedroom but not for anything much bigger. Great product all around though. Try setting your iPods EQ setting to trebel booster.. the bass on this is pretty good with out any help from the ipod.
MaTT

Posted by Matt on January 3, 2007 at 2:40 PM (CST)

I picked up the GR-10i at Costco yesterday for $38.99. At that price you really can’t go wrong. Most iPod clock/radios are very cheaply made, but they all seem to cost around $100 or more. I wouldn’t pay that price for any of them.

The sound of the GR-10i has a nice high end sheen, but the bass can be a bit boomy at times. It sounds great as long as you’re not listening too critically.

For under $40 this is a steal. At any other price I’d just save up $300 for the Bose unit, which sounds very nice to me (I normally despise BOSE).

Posted by justin on January 4, 2007 at 4:19 PM (CST)

Hi, I got Teac GR-10i few weeks ago at my local Costco.  They were getting rid of it for $38.  Upon sound checking, I decided to buy it.

The appearance may not be the best, but the sound quality from full-range speaker is about perfect for classical music.  I originally planned to put in my bedroom, but it’s been sitting in my kitchen and leave it on continuouly.

I notice Amazon.com sells it for $70, but I still it’s worth it - just for sound quality alone.

Posted by NikonF3T on March 6, 2007 at 3:07 AM (CST)

Got it as a birthday gift for my office.  Loved the sound quality but it died on me and I’ve only had it for 2 months.

Oh well.

Posted by Ana on March 6, 2007 at 11:07 AM (CST)

TEAC has newer models with snooze and battery back up. Here is link to instruction manual for one of the new models http://www.teac.com/consumer_electronics/pdf/SRL230i_OM.pdf

I am looking for a alarm clock dock for iPhone, does anyone know of one that will work with an iPhone? Charge and iPhone and work with an iPhone while it is still usable as a cell phone.

Posted by Manny on March 19, 2008 at 2:15 PM (CDT)

How do u set the alarm to go off on my ipod?

Posted by Matthew Lucas on July 16, 2009 at 11:45 AM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2