Tekserve announces grand opening of iTopia | iLounge News

Tekserve announces grand opening of iTopia

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, November 29, 2005
News Categories: iPod

Tekserve, a large independent Apple Specialist in New York City, has announced the grand opening of iTopia, a store-within-a-store dedicated to iPods and iPod accessories.

“iTopia offers Tekserve customers a one-stop shop to purchase everything for their iPod,” explains the store. “It features the largest selection of iPod accessories under one roof in New York, from carrying cases to headphones to speakers to car adapters and much more. Customers can try out many of the latest products and find the best accessories for their needs by speaking with Tekserve’s knowledgeable sales staff.”

image

« XtremeMac debuts MicroShield for 5G iPod

DLO intros Fling fashion cases for iPod nano »

Comments

I love iPod and all, but an iPod store?  The novelty of a store like this will wear off in about a minute or so; once customers see it’s yet another store with a bunch of boxes of iPod products behind a counter.  Nothing original is being done here, it’s just like virtually every other store that carries Apple products.

Posted by Shaun on November 29, 2005 at 3:27 PM (PDT)

Sweet! To bad nothing that cool will ever happen in Regina…

Posted by PimpyMicPimp on November 29, 2005 at 5:08 PM (PDT)

very untrue Shaun, I wish I had been closer to a store of this sort so I could of easily tested out a case or speaker set before I dropped $150 and $20. Although the ‘fad’ itself may die down, the fact that you will no longer need to order your accessories from a site and search through piles and piles of reviews to find something that suits you helps alot of people in the long run. I wonder if they are hiering.. ? smile

Posted by Stefan on November 29, 2005 at 7:25 PM (PDT)

I’m with you Stefan. That would be so awesome walking into a store with any accessory that pops in a guys head.

Posted by Jonathan Keim on November 29, 2005 at 8:15 PM (PDT)

thats good for them. the store was pretty cramped (manhattan, duh) and chaotic, so opening the iTopia will help things. ive been to tekserve many times (live in nyc and goto school around tekserve). very very wonderful place to buy macs and the related. theyre customer service great. extremely knowledgable staff. i’d imagine theyre knowledge on ipod accesories will be equally as great.
they have nice deals every once and a while too. was able to get a 1GB shuffle a few months ago for $99 wink

Posted by john on November 29, 2005 at 9:39 PM (PDT)

tekserve is just a few blocks from where i live.  i’ve actually never been there as i usually go to the apple store in soho.  now i guess i might have to pay them a visit.

Posted by clarence on November 29, 2005 at 10:07 PM (PDT)

the ipod is just at a new level when was the last time you saw anything like this for a single line of consumer electronics products

Posted by jim on November 29, 2005 at 11:43 PM (PDT)

They’ve got it all there in one place - tons of cases, docks, stereos, I even see an ipodmybaby.com outfit!  The staff is crazy knowledgable - the last time I was in there buying an ipod “universal dock”, the clerk asked which ipod I owned to make sure that the dock had the right inserts to be compatible with my 15 gigger.  Saved me a trip as I needed some extra dock inserts.  If you’re visiting NYC this holiday, definitly check this place out!

Posted by Cranberry Johnson on November 30, 2005 at 6:00 AM (PDT)

Sweet this looks awsome… I have to check this place out when I go to NYC agian. This actually would be a good place to get some Christmas shopping done with some ipod related accessories for my cousins. smile

Posted by Darkreaper on November 30, 2005 at 6:49 PM (PDT)

its actually a good idea in that realistically, 7 out of 10 people are there for something ipod related. so i’d think its easier to go in and get what you’re looking for and get out - and making sure you’re talking to someone who knows something about ipods, and all the accessories that work with whatever model.

i love tekserve so much, that i go there every day for about 9 or 10 hours….

im also quite surprised that someone who lives so close would not support the local scene in a much better store than fight the crowds and supermodels at the sloho apple store.

Posted by Justin on November 30, 2005 at 7:37 PM (PDT)