Ten One unveils Pogo Stylus for iPhone, iPod touch | iLounge News

Ten One unveils Pogo Stylus for iPhone, iPod touch

image

Ten One has introduced the Pogo Stylus, a new pointing tool designed for use with the iPhone and iPod touch. Made from lightweight aluminum alloy with an anodized finish, the Pogo features a tip made from high-tech material that is “precision-formed to the perfect size” for the devices’ on-screen keyboard keys. Ten One also claims that the stylus helps keep the screen “scratch- and smudge-free.” The stylus includes a clip designed to snap around the iPhone or iPod touch, holding the stylus securely on one side of the device. The Ten One Pogo Stylus for iPhone and iPod touch is available now in black, silver, or gunmetal, and sells for $25.

« NBC pulls TV shows from iTunes Store

Blue Raven offers “Service in a Box” iPod, iPhone repair »

Comments

Stylus? For an iPhone??

Ten One = Entire point, missed.

Posted by JimInHolland on December 3, 2007 at 11:39 AM (CST)

Actually, we met with Ten One and discussed the fact that, because the touchscreen technology on these devices is less than accurate, that a stylus would be a great accessory.

We appreciate you looking after our best interests, but we appreciate if you would confer with us or The Common Sense coalition first from now on. Thanks!

Posted by The Entire Point on December 3, 2007 at 11:56 AM (CST)

How does this work with the screen. I thought the technology on the touch screen was heat sensitive?

Posted by Curious on December 3, 2007 at 12:29 PM (CST)

“Stylus? Who need a stylus? YUCK!”

-Steve.

Posted by nandox on December 3, 2007 at 12:30 PM (CST)

I give it the finger and it likes it!

Posted by GMAN on December 3, 2007 at 12:31 PM (CST)

pwned by treo!
LOL

Posted by Dopial on December 3, 2007 at 12:46 PM (CST)

Great! An overpriced, unnecessary implement that will make typing much slower and add nothing but awkwardness and weight to the iPhone and completely fly in the face of the touchscreen’s stated purpose.

I, and this so-called Common Sense Coalition, will pass.

Posted by Flippy Hambone on December 3, 2007 at 1:01 PM (CST)

The website says “Gamers, too, will appreciate the Pogo accuracy when it counts in the heat of battle, puzzle or quest. The Stylus can easily pinpoint small objects, scroll, navigate, and aim with deadly accuracy.”

Last I checked, aiming with deadly accuracy in the heat of battle wasn’t something I was concerned with while on my iPhone ROFL

Posted by Toleran on December 3, 2007 at 1:07 PM (CST)

I personally love my iPhone and can’t imagine using a stylus, but I am about to buy one of these for my mother.

Anyone in doubt that there is a certain population of iPhone users that will benefit from a stylus should read one of her text messages.  She is fairly tech-savy in other respects.  (blames her fingernails)

Posted by CM on December 3, 2007 at 3:03 PM (CST)

The “Common Sense Coalition” must have nothing else to spend their hard earned money on, $24.95 is steep for a little stick.  We should just buy a less expensive and more useful multi-function stylus and get far more bang for our buck.

Posted by MorbidMG on December 3, 2007 at 5:23 PM (CST)

a bit steep but I can very well see how some people might prefer using these.

Not a bad idea and actually better than the nauseatingly generic and pointless iPod alarm clocks/timers/etc etc etc.

Now , has someone felt the need to have a kind of harness for the iPhone that would secure it in case it fell out of hands.

Posted by nra on December 4, 2007 at 12:41 AM (CST)

It’s a nice idea BUT one of the strong point of the IPhone is the pointing device we all have > the finger < .. and this is what steve said at the presentation of the IPhone.

Now If we use a sylus pointer, then the main strongpoint of the IPhone is gone. It will be just like another PDA, or T-mobile device.

So, for myself and many others we have to say that the finger is the easiest way to use this device and the way it makes this device OUTSTANDING.

I give you guys credit BUT I don’t think that you will make a living out of this INVENTION ;)

Posted by dennis on December 4, 2007 at 7:01 AM (CST)

I, for one, welcome our new Stylus Overlords!

Posted by mwilgar on December 4, 2007 at 1:59 PM (CST)

Would the Pogo Stylus possibly be helpful for an elderly handicapped bedfast Aunt of mine who is having difficulty engaging the screen with her arthritic hands and fingers?

So far she is only able to tap the screen with her one knuckle.

The iPhone is her “only way out of” the nursing home!

Posted by JamesCalvin on December 10, 2007 at 9:15 PM (CST)

Those people who don’t wear their fingernails long have absolutely no idea how useful this product would be.  When I say “long” I mean 1/4/1/2” long, so using the iPhone or the Touch is difficult, to say the least.  The Pogo is exactly what I need, methinks.

Posted by Nadine on January 4, 2008 at 2:00 AM (CST)

Actually, with the release of the SDK, there can be many useful uses for a stylus that a finger cannot do. How about a drawing app? I have one on my old PDA. It has been indispensable. Can you imagine trying to draw with a finger? I have enough trouble just trying to type without making typos. I wish the Pogo was more pointy.

Posted by neil Richmond on March 12, 2008 at 12:20 AM (CDT)

Where can I get the Pogo Stylus? Let me know.  Thanks!

Posted by Marco@MLT on March 18, 2008 at 3:20 AM (CDT)

I have tried another brand of the stylus for my iPod Touch..

I have to say.. Yucks.. its slower than the finger.. even if the finger makes more mistakes, the response of the stylus slows it down even more as the screen seems to not respond to the stylus. Also you have to tap on it harder.

As I said, i bought another brand.. not Pogo.. whoever has tried Pogo, please comment on it and see it has the same problem.

BTW, anyone knows how the screen sense the finger.. =P

Posted by Francis on June 22, 2008 at 11:09 PM (CDT)

Yes you can use your finger, that isn’t actually news. But there are many apps where accuracy is helpful, like anything that has to do with drawing, IPhysics games would be nice with a stylus. If your close to my size you hands are totally in the way of you screen while you do anything. I can’t normally find gloves to fit my hands so pointing with accuracy is pretty difficult unless I could sharpen the tips of my fingers.

Posted by Dennis Schock on February 20, 2009 at 5:32 PM (CST)