TEN Technology closes shop | iLounge News

TEN Technology closes shop

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, April 9, 2007
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

iPod accessory maker TEN Technology has quietly shut down, according to a brief note on the company’s website. “TEN Technology, Inc. has ceased operations at this time. Please check back at a later date for more information,” the note reads. TEN is best known for its wireless naviPlay Bluetooth accessories and naviPod wireless remote controls. iLounge is currently awaiting a response from company representatives.

« Mix: Yahoo/SanDisk, iSongBook, Digital Jewel Box, Soldier

Apple sells 100 millionth iPod [updated] »

Comments

That is pretty sad. I was hoping to get the Flexible Dock for my nano, and now they are gone (hopefully temporarily).  I wonder why they ceased operations with the huge success of the Flexible Dock and other products. I liked them, because they really answered the consumer needs with simple and smart ideas. I hope they come back.

Posted by Carlos on April 9, 2007 at 11:34 AM (PDT)

I liked them too.  I have their original Naviplay remote for the 1st and 2nd gen pods, and it still works with my 1st gen 5Gb pod.  I also liked their customer service.  I was looking at getting one of their remotes when I was getting a speaker system, but instead opted to get an all in one system.  TEN and Send Station were both very similar companies in terms of quality products and their ingenuitive ideas, maybe Send Station could merge with TEN?  Just a though.  Shame to hear this.

-Brian

Posted by Brianbobcat on April 9, 2007 at 2:04 PM (PDT)

Oops, I meant naviPod, not naviPlay.

-Brian

Posted by Brianbobcat on April 9, 2007 at 2:08 PM (PDT)

Oh no!  I checked with my supplier on my order for my 2nd Flexible Dock and found out they are closed for business!

I LOVE my dock ... it allows my wife and I to use our own iPods in one of our cars.  I was ordering a 2nd unit for the other car.
This is a quality unit.  Hopefully they’re being bought our, restructured..something.

Good Luck TEN smile

Posted by Blackfish on April 10, 2007 at 10:28 AM (PDT)

You got to be kidding.  I just today sent my Flexible Dock back to them for some warranty service! This one broke, but its a good product. I wonder what will happen? Ouch!

Posted by Tim on April 10, 2007 at 3:43 PM (PDT)

I have the NaviPlay for 5G ipod and it works great with all my A2DP headphones.  I am gonna try to score a backup unit in case anything happens to this one.

Posted by Larry G on April 17, 2007 at 10:34 PM (PDT)