Terforma releases iSleeve for iPods
Terforma has informed us that they have released a new type of case for iPod named iSleeve. Made of molded rubber, the iSleeve encases the iPod like an armored exoskeleton. The iSleeve features a retractable HipClip
TERFORMA LAUNCHES ISLEEVE FOR THE APPLE IPOD
New rubber protective case suitable for all iPod models: feature rich and all integrated within a sleek shape
ALBANY, NY—(09/22/2003; 0900)(EIS)—September 22, 2003 - Terforma(tm) today launched its new contoured iSleeve(tm) for the Apple(R) iPod(tm). Engineered with the iPod user in mind, the iSleeve is the first product on the market that fully complements the design of the iPod, providing users not only with a sleek, protective rubber case for business-to-sport versatility, but also unfettered access to the iPod’s dial interface and display. The iSleeve is available in two models for both new and original iPods, and both models are available in two complementary colors: nox/opaque black and mono/opaque white. It is also designed for use with the iTrip FM transmitter from Griffin Technology.
Designed with Terfoma’s commitment to form meeting function, termed idease(tm), the iSleeve’s rubber armor is not only smooth and sleek in design, it ensures shock, scratch and dent protection in all orientations while offering fully-integrated feature-rich benefits, including:
—HipClipT - unlike more commonly used protruding belt clips, the iSleeve’s ultra-low profile, retractable HipClip allows for an extra close fit to belt or waist band and stows away completely flush when not in use.
—StoBandT- the stowable sport band enables users to take their iPods on the run. It can be deployed as desired for extra security and completely hidden away when not in use.
—StoPhoneT - enables iPod earphones and wires to be stowed away on the backside of the case, providing compact integrated storage when not in use.
James Hoehn, Jr., co-founder and president of Terforma, said, “The iSleeve was designed to fill the void for those who value aesthetics and functionality. Besides offering a sleek design with built-in features which are always ready for use, we believe the iSleeve sets a new standard in form and function that iPod users will immediately recognize and appreciate.”
Melissa Nigro, co-founder and vice-president, added, “As an avid iPod user, I know there is no single product on the market that encompasses all the features we have integrated into the iSleeve. I am excited about introducing it to the iPod world.”
For developing its new iSleeve, Terforma turned to the Mack Group, which is recognized as an industry leader in the field of product design and engineering. Bruce Ginder, president of Mack Design, said, “We were delighted to take Terforma’s concept and design and provide the product development services for the iSleeve accessory. Mack Prototype, our sister company, offers a collaborative, end-to-end manufacturing environment for the successful fabrication, assembly and packaging of novel product offerings, such as The Segway and other inventive new products.”
Pricing and Availability
There are two models to choose from: the iSleeve G2, which fits all of the new iPods; and the iSleeve G1, which fits all the original iPods. Both models are iTrip compatible and come in two complementary colors: nox/opaque black and mono/opaque white.
Established in 2002 and based in Albany, New York, Terforma is both a business-to-consumer and business-to-business manufacturing company dedicated to the liberation of time, space and the mind through products of intuitive convenience and intelligent design—idease(tm)—that deliver the best in form and function. For more information, visit www.terforma.com or www.isleeve.com
Terforma, the Terforma logo, the Terforma 3D icon, iSleeve, HipClip, StoBand, StoPhone and idease are trademarks of Terforma in the United States and/or other countries. All other brand and product names listed are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and are hereby recognized as such.
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Apple acquires speech tech startup VocalIQ
- iPhone 6s more water-resistant than previous models
- Apple CEO Tim Cook talks privacy to NPR
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?