‘The Beat Goes On’ Apple event live coverage [updated] | iLounge News

‘The Beat Goes On’ Apple event live coverage [updated]

image

The iLounge team is on location at the Moscone Center in San Francisco for today’s Apple special event. We will provide live coverage of the event — a live update page and a live IRC chat are planned. For those of you using IRC software, login to the server irc.hashmark.net and set your channel to #ilounge. Closer to the beginning of the event we will be switching the site over to a “Special Event Edition” to provide faster-loading updates. The special event begins at 10:00 a.m. PT/1:00 p.m. ET.

Update: The event has concluded. To see the notes from our live coverage, check out live.ilounge.com.

« Mix: NBC, Palm, Zune, birdJam

iToner offers hack-free custom iPhone ringtones »

Comments

Come on widescreen, touchscreen iPods!

Posted by iPodMan on September 5, 2007 at 10:48 AM (CDT)

will they go on sale today?

Posted by Juan on September 5, 2007 at 10:52 AM (CDT)

They usually go on sale on Apple’s site the day of the announcement, usually with shipping times in the 1-2 week range.  Then they slowly trickle out to stores over the next week or so.  Of course, I’d love to be surprised as there was some news that Target was receiving special, very expensive shipments from an unnamed seller on Sep 5.
But who knows?

Posted by BrettB on September 5, 2007 at 10:58 AM (CDT)

I am getting in line i want my new iPod!  why do i have to wait? this is killing me… thanks steve for making this better than christmas several times a year!  i want whatever you got, and i want it now! its great and i’m not kidding, my stock is going great too… i haven’t heard from the windoz crowd in quite a while, they all say they use mac now, they just morphed overnite like some shape shifter aliens that they are….

Posted by jackmcdaid on September 5, 2007 at 11:20 AM (CDT)

i will tell you guys one thing:

DON’T EXPECT NEW IPODS.

just hope for them…

Posted by joshspazjosh on September 5, 2007 at 11:33 AM (CDT)

I just noticed that the online store closed for updating !

Posted by Miguel Bennasar on September 5, 2007 at 12:25 PM (CDT)

sadly i agree with Josh….remember april?

Posted by DDS on September 5, 2007 at 12:27 PM (CDT)

DDS: what happend?

Posted by maara on September 5, 2007 at 12:29 PM (CDT)

Everyone was expecting them to release the iPod intsead of the iHome Stero Sytem and everyone started flaming and getting angry for a rumor THEY started.. Most of it can be found here: http://www.mp3buzz.net

Posted by DDS on September 5, 2007 at 12:32 PM (CDT)

Check it out dudes, after all that stuff iLounge were saying today - how Apple’s engineers would never design something that looked like the spy photo - turns out they did! :)

Posted by poglad on September 5, 2007 at 1:23 PM (CDT)

REALLY!! WE GET WIDE TOUCH SCREEN!!?!? WHOO!!!

Posted by DDS on September 5, 2007 at 1:39 PM (CDT)

Totally disappointed in today’s news.  A 16 GB iPod???  What a joke.

I could handle a thicker iPod with iPhone like features and a hard drive.  Why didn’t they offer this as an option?

Apple completely whiffed today.

Posted by Obadiah on September 5, 2007 at 2:35 PM (CDT)

Apple satisfied both camps today. I just wanted a 160GB ipod.  I’m not interested in the other stuff, although it is nice.

Posted by mel on September 5, 2007 at 2:39 PM (CDT)

I agree with Obaddiah…

What is up with offering a new widescreen iPod with only 16gb of memory??!!

I have been looking forward to this since the release of the iPhone, thinking they would now have a 100gb touch/widescreen iPod out soon, I’m not going to pay $399 for 16gb.

Then they have the iPod “Classic” with 160gb….nice storage, but not worth me getting rid of my current 60gb 5G ipod.

I was willing to plunk down hard earned cash to upgrade to the new widescreen iPod the day they released it in the stores, but now we find out it isn’t what everyone was hoping for. I know it doesn’t come close to matching up my needs of high storage space…...so I’ll have to be bummed out a little longer until Apple comes out with the hard drive based widescreen.

I don’t want to pay $399 for a second iPod to carry around just for the coolness factor, with only a handful of my songs and videos on it. I want it all available to me, at any time, for when those certain music moods hit me.

Posted by rivertrek on September 5, 2007 at 2:52 PM (CDT)

Agree with Obadiah - all I wanted was a touchscreen iPod with decent capacity.

The iPod classic has 160GB but the screen is too small and it doesn’t do anything else.

The iPod touchscreen has 16GB which is useless.

How hard could it have been to make a hard-drive based touchscreen iPod?!

Posted by Deek on September 5, 2007 at 2:52 PM (CDT)

Whiffed?? lol.  Hardly.

WIFI iTunes!! :-D WANT!  NOW!

How about a 16GB iPhone.  That’s what I really wanted. Bummer.

Posted by Matt on September 5, 2007 at 2:52 PM (CDT)

I had been thinking: “Why would anyone pay $300 more for an 8GB iPhone when you caould have an 8GB iPOd Touch for $299?”  Bam.  Apple dropped the iPhone to $399. :)

Posted by Galley on September 5, 2007 at 2:53 PM (CDT)

I agree with Obadiah, a 16GB iPod is not feasible for thos of us who wanted a full screen iPod.  Your money would be better spent if you purchased the iPhone.

Posted by Luis on September 5, 2007 at 2:56 PM (CDT)

I’m SOOOOO damn disapointed.  I, like so many others have been waiting, waiting and WAITING for a widescreen iPod.  With hard earned money in hand I’ve waited.  WHAT????? A 16 GB touchscreen iPod.  I THINK NOT ! !
I’d like to say more but I’m just too angry.

Posted by ChuckLDunn on September 5, 2007 at 2:58 PM (CDT)

ChuckLDunn… isn’t the iPod Touch exactly that? A widescreen iPod?

Posted by thelottery on September 5, 2007 at 2:59 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >