The Definition of the Man: His iPod | iLounge News

The Definition of the Man: His iPod

“The way a man wears his earbuds. The way he carries it in his pocket. The way he navigates the scroll wheel. These are the nuances that separate the punks from the stiffs. The dorks from the losers. The mere mortals from the god.”

« Refurbished iPod 20GB $279, 30GB $319, 40GB $379

Shure E3c Earphones for $135 »

Comments

most of you scare me.  what a pointless article to get worked in to homophobia, sexism and the entire “holier than thou” attitude.

folks, it plays music, is well designed and exceeds in both respects.  thats it. its not a sign of who i am or who i want to be.

Posted by paul on June 17, 2004 at 7:25 PM (CDT)

Diet Dr. Thunder - you’re a retarded idiot.

hows that?

Posted by paul on June 17, 2004 at 7:29 PM (CDT)

Angus-

I think you’re the guy who asked me out last week… I said ‘no’ then… I’m saying ‘no’ now.

No means ‘no’.

Posted by Reality Bites on June 17, 2004 at 9:25 PM (CDT)

what a gay article

Posted by jr on June 17, 2004 at 10:18 PM (CDT)

“Diet Dr. Thunder - you’re a retarded idiot.

hows that?”

Incorrect.

Posted by James Marden on June 17, 2004 at 11:22 PM (CDT)

As the famous b3ta.com quote goes:

“Your all gay”

That and: “Where are teh uplaod codez?

Posted by Chris Matchett on June 18, 2004 at 12:49 AM (CDT)

I like my iPod too but these kind of articles are sad. It is just a F**KIN MP3 player, why does it matter how one uses the wheel etc? Stupid people who write this crap.

Posted by Snolly on June 18, 2004 at 3:02 AM (CDT)

>>> “why does it matter how one uses the wheel etc?”

no kidding. and how many ways are there to use the wheel?

Posted by Starboard on June 18, 2004 at 9:18 AM (CDT)

“These are the nuances that separate the punks from the stiffs.”

The stereotypes from the ridicule too.

People need to realize it plays music, it isnt the meaning of life. Like seriously, give it up, you like a piece of plastic and metal, you dont have to bash other people in the process.

Posted by Stasyna on June 18, 2004 at 10:12 AM (CDT)

Im glad that women dont use ipods.  they would fill it up with stupid shit like mariah carrey or jewel and crap like that.  besides women shouldnt be listening to music anyway, they might get uppity and want to listen to something other than what I am playing and think they can change it.  bullshit!  obviously the only reason there is a pink ipod is for gay men.  The ipod i own is the Man that I am.  oh how proud that makes me.

Posted by wes on June 18, 2004 at 3:21 PM (CDT)

Your right Wes, I think the pink ipod mini should come pre-loaded with 800 different versions of “It’s Raining Men”.

Posted by jr on June 18, 2004 at 4:27 PM (CDT)

Reality Bites
What, are we now in middle school again?

Get over yourself. If you’re confident in your straight-ness, you won’t have to go to extreme lengths to ‘prove yourself.’ I’m not gay, but I’m definitely not a ‘phobe, nor do I go around iPod threads saying, “Look at me! I’m straight! Nope, definitely not gay!”

LOL, no one really cares.

Posted by sockeatingdryer on June 20, 2004 at 8:58 PM (CDT)

>>>women shouldn’t be listneing to music anyway???????!!!!!

Wake up, Wes.

Posted by sportychick13 on June 21, 2004 at 8:48 PM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2