The Free iPod Book 2.0 Contests - Winners Announced
Every new iLounge Guide has its contests, so we’ve lined up two great ones for the June release of The Free iPod Book 2.0! Test your artistic or photographic skills for a chance to win one of six pairs of Shure’s brand new, top-of-the-line E500PTH earphones ($499 each) - the new triple-driver earbuds that won iLounge’s 2006 Best of Show Award in January. Thanks to Shure for sponsoring these prizes! One Grand Prize winner will also win a brand-new Apple Computer Intel Mac mini, courtesy of iLounge.
Contest 1: iPod 2010 Concept Art Contest
In this no holds barred iPod 2010 Art Contest, we’re looking for the three best pieces of “future iPod” concept art out there - original art showing what you think iPods might look like 4 years from now. We will choose one winner for each of three categories:
- Overall Best Entry: Grand Prize from iLounge: Apple Computer Intel-based Mac mini computer*, complete with Front Row, iLife ‘06, and Mac OS X 10.4 (value $599).
- Best Realistic Entry Prize: Shure E500PTH Earphones (valued at $499)
- Most Creative Entry Prize: Shure E500PTH Earphones (valued at $499)
- Funniest Entry Prize: Shure E500PTH Earphones (valued at $499)
Guidelines: Art must be submitter’s original work and submitted only to iLounge. Focus on only one category (realistic, creative, or funniest) per entry if you want to maximize your chances - we are not looking for entries that overlap categories. Looking for inspiration? Please see our favorite iPod Concepts from the last iPod Concepts contest (2004), and view our iPod Concepts photo gallery. Previous submissions are not eligible - create something new and better! Remember, this is the iPod of 2010, not the iPod of 2007, so be creative!
Contest 2: iPods Everywhere Photo Contest
If you’re not an artist, take a shot at the iPods Everywhere Photo Contest, where all it takes to win is the top photograph of an iPod in one of three settings.
- iPod And Car: Creatively photograph an iPod and a car together. While we’d prefer the iPod to be inside the car, creative entries with the iPod outside a car will also be considered. (Prize: Shure E500PTH Earphones, Valued at $499)
- iPod In Home: Creatively photograph an iPod inside a place where people are living. Houses, apartments, dorm rooms, and other traditional dwellings are all fair game. (Prize: Shure E500PTH Earphones, Valued at $499)
- iPod On The Go: Creatively photograph an iPod outside of a home or car - during your commute or travels outdoors, on a train, or someplace else; with portable speakers or headphones, whatever shows off the iPod in use while out and about. (Prize: Shure E500PTH Earphones, Valued at $499)
Guidelines: The more fun or interesting the photo, the better. If other people appear in the photo, be sure you have their permission. Photo must be submitter’s original work and submitted only to iLounge. You may not digitally edit the photo in any way other than to crop and/or adjust its brightness and contrast. Entrants must submit full-sized, high resolution images of 1600x1200 or greater size immediately on request of iLounge.
- Official Rules:
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- The iLounge Free iPod Book 2.0 Contests will begin as of this posting.
- Deadline for entries: May 22, 2006, at 11:59PM Pacific Time.
- One person may enter both contests with a maximum of three (3) art concepts and three (3) photos.
- One person can submit a maximum of three (3) art concepts for the iPod 2010 Concept Art Contest.
- One person can submit a maximum of three (3) photos for the iPods Everywhere Contest.
This giveaway is open to U.S. and international residents. International residents may, at iLounge’s sole and absolute discretion, receive U.S. cash value instead of the Mac mini.
Must be 18 years or older to enter. Under 18? Get your parents’ permission and enter with their email address.
Void where prohibited.
iLounge is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, and causes beyond our control. iLounge has the right to terminate this giveaway at any given time without notice.
By submitting, you agree that all private information, art and photographs you submit become the property of iLounge, and that you will not and have not submitted such art and photographs to any other contest. iLounge will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver the prize to winners, save that the names of the winners will be used to identify the winners in The Free iPod Book 2.0.
Winners will be announced and published in The Free iPod Book 2.0 in early June, 2006.
Associates, employees, principles, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturer or any other relationship with iLounge.
iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, other systems or services of iLounge will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of California, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other rights, related to such giveaways, you may have in any jurisdiction.
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?