The Press Reacts: iTunes Music Store
We’ve compiled a list of press reactions to the announcement of Apple’s new iTunes Music Store. Click the “Read more” link to view the complete list of links to articles.
“Apple Sweats the Details: The Mac maker’s latest moves into the field of digital music demonstrate its mastery of intuitive hardware and software ‘solutions’” Storage Supersite
“CNN talks to Steve Jobs about iTunes” CNN
“Apple Unveils Revolutionary Online Music Service” Win-Informant
“Apple Tunes Up” Forbes
“Apple’s Different Tune: Jobs Sells Web Music Service as Solution to Piracy” Washington Post
“Apple tunes in on music downloads” Digit Magazine
“Apple unveils its ITunes push” Knight Ridder News
“Apple’s Making Serious Music” Australia Internet.com
“Apple to sell music online at 99 cents U.S. per song: Content from top 5 recording labels—Allows users to copy tunes to CD” Reuters
“Apple Unveils Online Music Service: Company offers digital tunes for downloading, plus new and improved IPods” PCWorld
“Apple music service plays by industry rules” FT.com
“Apple Offers Music Downloads With Unique Pricing” New York Times
“Apple launches 99c a song music service” The Register
“Times a-changin’ for Apple, online music” Seattle Times
“An Apple for a Song: Company starts online music service” Newsday
“The Province: Apple’s after virtual tune trade” Canada.com
“Apple bites into music industry with online service” Associated Press
“Apple unveils service to sell 200,000 digital music titles online” Boston Globe
“Apple Launches Paid Music Service” Wired News
“Apple unveils online music store. Jobs: ‘There is no legal alternative that’s worth beans…’” CNET News
“Taking A Bite Out Of Digital Music: Apple unveils new song service” Knight Ridder Newspapers
“Apple launches online music store: 200,000 Songs Available For 99-Cent Downloads” Mercury News
“Apple launches online service for downloading music legally: Computer company’s new store offers more than 200,000 songs for 99 cents each” Austin American Statesman
“Apple’s online service sells songs for 99
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?