The Proof watch kit aims to bring Bluetooth to iPod nano 6G
San Francisco-based Boombotix has posted a Kickstarter page to raise funding for a new accessory for the sixth-generation iPod nano. Dubbed “The Proof,” the accessory is a watch kit for the device, made from polyurethane, coated with a thick silicone wrapping. It aims to provide IP68 waterproof coverage down to three meters by plugging all ports and allowing access to the nano’s screen via an ultra thin polycarbonate lens, and using one of three adapters, the first of which blocks access to allow for use as a watch with no audio access, and the second of which offers Bluetooth audio streaming support. A third adapter will be supplied to allow for access to the headphone jack, although it will not offer waterproof protection. Boombotix is now accepting pledges towards its funding goal of $17,000, with pledges $49 and up including the watch kit with the fully sealed adapter and headphone adapter; pledges eligible for delivery of the full kit, including the Bluetooth transmitter, begin at $99.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?