The Proof watch kit aims to bring Bluetooth to iPod nano 6G
San Francisco-based Boombotix has posted a Kickstarter page to raise funding for a new accessory for the sixth-generation iPod nano. Dubbed “The Proof,” the accessory is a watch kit for the device, made from polyurethane, coated with a thick silicone wrapping. It aims to provide IP68 waterproof coverage down to three meters by plugging all ports and allowing access to the nano’s screen via an ultra thin polycarbonate lens, and using one of three adapters, the first of which blocks access to allow for use as a watch with no audio access, and the second of which offers Bluetooth audio streaming support. A third adapter will be supplied to allow for access to the headphone jack, although it will not offer waterproof protection. Boombotix is now accepting pledges towards its funding goal of $17,000, with pledges $49 and up including the watch kit with the fully sealed adapter and headphone adapter; pledges eligible for delivery of the full kit, including the Bluetooth transmitter, begin at $99.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?