The Sun: 600 albums in ‘cig packet’ | iLounge News

The Sun: 600 albums in ‘cig packet’

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, July 10, 2003
News Categories: iPod

Dominic Mohan has written a general article about iPod culture.

“The iPodís distinctive white headphones are a sign that youíre part of the cult ó owners have been known to acknowledge one another when they spot the trademark earpieces although, in my iBook, thatís taking things a little too far.”

¬ę 10GB iPod for Mac for $269 shipped

BBC News: File swappers ‘buy more music’ ¬Ľ

Comments

Apparently, we’re all going to be copying David Beckham (English Football(soccer) player) now, as the only reason the article was written was due to him being seen using one.

Posted by 10bellies on July 10, 2003 at 8:38 AM (PDT)

I aint part of a cult. Do not nod in my direction. EVER!

That is so freaking stuppid.

Posted by pbox on July 10, 2003 at 10:17 AM (PDT)

I don’t wear the included earbuds…

Posted by mongoos150 on July 10, 2003 at 10:27 AM (PDT)

Pah I wouldn’t eat my fish n chips in the Sun..

Posted by Odox on July 10, 2003 at 12:43 PM (PDT)

Beckham’s iPod is gonna be all scratched up like mine.  He keeps it in the original case.

Posted by Albert on July 10, 2003 at 2:10 PM (PDT)

Endorsed by The Sun.  The first really good reason *not* to own an iPod.

Posted by mintcake on July 11, 2003 at 9:01 AM (PDT)

Three cheers for those who upgrade from the Apple buds. Too bad we can’t be part of the cult. smile

Posted by colonelbob on July 11, 2003 at 1:07 PM (PDT)

I wanna know where he brought his iTrip for £20 from. I don’t think it’s that cheap at the Griffin site with p+p.

Anyone…?

Posted by Rish on July 12, 2003 at 7:10 AM (PDT)

Mintcake put in correctly, for those of us in the UK we have to suffer the Sun (otherwise known as the Scum in my household). Out go my white buds and on with my Koss porta pro. As for the reporter he’s an absolute W**ker along with rest of the trash who work (if that’s what they call it!) for the Sun.

Actually, the Sun’s readership wouldn’t know how to switch a computer on never mind use an iPod. Does Moynihan actually know what he’s talking about I think not. He talks crap whilst working for a paper full of crap!

Posted by mac_gladdy on July 13, 2003 at 1:49 AM (PDT)

what is that fool (take your pick - beckham or anyone at the loo roll) going to do when the batteries run out? i know it is suppsoed to be retard proof but is it?

Posted by daveh on July 17, 2003 at 11:25 AM (PDT)