Theif slammed with iPod mini in self defense | iLounge News

Theif slammed with iPod mini in self defense

“Fortunately I was armed with more than my one and a half Krav Maga lessons

Comments

But what of the iPod?

Posted by Fenn on April 5, 2004 at 10:55 AM (CDT)

The owner of the iPod, Phil, said on his blog, “I’m happy to say that my mini is alive and well.”

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on April 5, 2004 at 11:03 AM (CDT)

The big question:  Does the iPOD still work?

Posted by gensor on April 5, 2004 at 11:18 AM (CDT)

whats with these stupid stories? I dont care about everything someone does with an ipod, or if an ipod shows up on some tv show. Hey, I took a dump today while listening to my ipod. can that make headlines?

Posted by jeff on April 5, 2004 at 11:19 AM (CDT)

yea, or the ipod used in castles tour or the wall st journalist using and ipod for a party. la di fucking da. hey i can use my ipod at a party?>!?!? Wow! Please stick to software releases and technology news.

Posted by eric b on April 5, 2004 at 11:22 AM (CDT)

jeff & eric b - and I don’t want to read your mindless prattling, but what ya gonna do?

Posted by neither do I on April 5, 2004 at 11:27 AM (CDT)

Please, “i” before “e” except after “c.”

Thanks.

Posted by Alan R. Solot on April 5, 2004 at 11:29 AM (CDT)

lighten up. it just reminds us that we come here for more than news and that our iPods are about having fun and enjoying life.

Posted by Starboard on April 5, 2004 at 11:35 AM (CDT)

This story is pretty funny to read.

You know what’s even more annoying than stupid news stories? 400 people replying to them bitching about how “this place is going down the tubes” and “how is this news?” like they are the first ones to complain (it’s getting pretty old, guys. and it doesn’t make you look any cooler).

Get over it.

Posted by Dasein on April 5, 2004 at 12:01 PM (CDT)

I’d rather have this than no news at all. It was actually a very enjoyable story.

I’m glad the mini still works. =)

Posted by Mish on April 5, 2004 at 12:19 PM (CDT)

per jeff’s suggestion, i am planning to post an entry on my blog about taking a dump while listening to my ipod. you can expect to hear news of it on ipodlounge soon.

Posted by eric on April 5, 2004 at 12:53 PM (CDT)

Jeff & Eric b, you guys need a sense of humor.

I myself found this story entertaining, plus the thief got Owned.

Posted by Dan on April 5, 2004 at 1:59 PM (CDT)

haha I agree, that was funny, and it related to the iPod. Only a few stories get posted a day, skip over the “worthless” ones if you want to.

Posted by esra in PA on April 5, 2004 at 4:10 PM (CDT)

I was going to make a comment about beating the mugger but jeff & eric b have scared me! as if

You should have wasted tha punk half a brick in your handbag can come in usefull.

Posted by glad1959 on April 5, 2004 at 4:25 PM (CDT)

hey, look what i found

Posted by Harrison in Melbourne, Australia on April 5, 2004 at 5:23 PM (CDT)

Fact or Fiction?

Posted by jcs on April 5, 2004 at 5:24 PM (CDT)

Hey Alan R. Solot -

What about “science”? O_o

Posted by cybergoober on April 6, 2004 at 6:35 AM (CDT)

Wow that eric guy is so cool. He must be some l33t techno expert guy. Man I wonder if he wrote some book about how to be all l33t and stuff. Then I could be like all smart and hella cool.

Posted by Biff on April 6, 2004 at 9:31 AM (CDT)

Great story, instead of using your keys or first, just use your iPod mini, I have to say seeing one in person, it does feel VERY solid and I was thinking the same thing, that someone could use it as a weapon.

Heck, just sharpen the edges and say goodbye.

Posted by Chomper on April 6, 2004 at 11:30 AM (CDT)

heh. Cool dude!

Posted by SgtCrispy on April 7, 2004 at 7:40 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >