Things adds Cloud Sync
Cultured Code has released version 2.0 of its Things task management app for iOS and Mac adding its long-awaited cloud synchronization feature. Originally beginning development over two years ago, Things Cloud went into a closed beta in mid 2011 and was expanded to a limited public beta several months ago. The new feature replaces the former Bonjour Wi-Fi Sync that has been in place since Things’ debut in 2008 with the company’s own online service, Things Cloud, allowing users to keep data seamlessly synchronized across the iPad, iPhone and Mac versions of Things.
Things 2.0 also introduces a new Daily Review feature to help users keep on top of their tasks for each day at a glance and a new Date Picker to make selecting dates easier by implementing a scrolling, rather than page-based, calendar view. Additional enhancements include visual refinements, the ability to cancel to-dos, move completed to-dos immediately to the Logbook, and view whole Projects in the Today list. Things 2.0 requires iOS 5.0 or later and is available from the App Store in two versions: Things ($10) for the iPhone and iPod touch and Things for iPad ($20); a Mac desktop version of Things is also available from the Mac App Store separately for $50. Each Things 2.0 app is a free update for users of the corresponding prior version.
- Blockr, Chesh, Sago Mini Babies, Puzzle & Glory + more
- Apple adds transit directions for Boston, Sydney
- Apple rolls out app thinning in iOS 9.0.2
- Adobe releases Photoshop Fix, Capture CC apps for iOS
- New Philips Hue Bridge supports HomeKit, Siri
- 80 Days, Microgee, Tweetbot 4, Burstio, Evernote, Google Photos
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?