Think Different Store and eXo iSkin info | iLounge News

Think Different Store and eXo iSkin info

The Think Different Store wanted to clear up some rumors that have been floating around about the shipping of the eXo iSkins. Currently they are shipping the following colors (Click ‘Read more’) without the screen protectors. The screen protectors will be shipped separately sometime in August. New colors will be shipping each week.

White Frost - ALL SIZES
Hot House 30GB
Indigo - ALL SIZES
Asphalt - ALL SIZES
Caribbean Blue 10 and 15GB
Ferrari Yellow - 30GB
BubbleGum - ALL SIZES
Blue Mist - ALL SIZES
Lemonade - 30GB
Ferrari yellow - 30GB
Passion - 30GB

« Hack for removing volume cap on European iPods

Stereophile: Downloading Increases »

Comments

Strange… the email I got just this morning from them did not say they would ship my eXo skin (White Frost) without the screen protector, but instead indicated that the whole package would be expected to ship within the coming week.

Sucks that I’ve had to wait so long; but what can I do? They already have my money.

Here’s the precise email for those who, for whatever reason, haven’t seen it:

———————————————————————————————
Subject: iSkin eXo Shipment Update

Dear iSkin Customer,

We are experiencing a longer than expected delay in the production of the new iSkin eXo.  A quality control issue with the screen protector has caused   us to delay the shipment from our factory.  We are committed to delivering quality iSkin products and feel that our customers deserve the very best.

We sincerely apologize for the continued delay and for not contacting you sooner.  We expect to have shipment within the coming week, in which we will immediately commence shipping to customers.

We appreciate your understanding and patience regarding this matter apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused. We are doing our very best to get your iSkin eXo order to you as soon as possible.

iSkin Customer Service.
———————————————————————————————

Posted by Pensive Chimp in Hollywood Park, Texas on July 28, 2003 at 11:55 AM (CDT)

Perhaps there is a difference between what The Think Different Store and iSkin.com are doing? Very odd.

Posted by Pensive Chimp in Hollywood Park, Texas on July 28, 2003 at 11:57 AM (CDT)

these colors don’t make any sense.  there is no ferrari yellow or caribbean blue choices on the iskin website.  this is odd.

Posted by tools on July 28, 2003 at 12:14 PM (CDT)

Ah, I apologize. I should have read the forums first. :P

Obviously ThinkDifferent has a different supply chain (or different priority) than iSkin.com. I was under the impression that iSkin.com was the supplier to the other retailers, and therefore would have first dibs on any production, but I guess I was wrong.

Oh well, fool me once…

Posted by Pensive Chimp in Hollywood Park, Texas on July 28, 2003 at 12:32 PM (CDT)

I made the mistake of buying the MacClear zip skin. What a waste of money. It does not fit the 30 gig well at all, screws up the iPod’s response, and generally is counter productive for using the product. The access holes at the top are not the correct size so you can get earphones in but the hold button is just about impossible to access - too small. Also, it shows some sort of clasp connected to the zipper that would give a backup for holding the iPod but it did not come with mine.

I am hoping that BookEndz will come out with a plastic wrap for the 30g that is like the one I had for my 20g. It was excellent and functional!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Posted by doug on July 28, 2003 at 12:37 PM (CDT)

Well, I’ll be darned. Just went to BookEndz and guess what—they have them. 9.95.

Ordered it right away.

Posted by doug on July 28, 2003 at 12:44 PM (CDT)

Got my zip case last week, it fits my 15gb just the way I like it. I contacted the company and they told me they will be releasing a case for iBook - looking forward to that.

Posted by Bobby on July 28, 2003 at 7:26 PM (CDT)

iSkin is made in China by iSkin.biz, they have an ad on this site.  But eXo is the same, from iSkin.com, Thinkdifferentstore,  the question is who can get it to you first. I got mine from Thinkdif and loving it.

Posted by Fred on July 28, 2003 at 10:06 PM (CDT)

I bought mine in Singapore, it’s cooool. What does exo mean

Posted by Li on July 28, 2003 at 10:08 PM (CDT)

I ordered one last week and got it delivered Monday (7/29) from ThinkDifferent store.  That’s only 4 biz days, pretty quick.  It’s White Frost for 30GB w/ free Macclear zip case but no screen protector yet.  Very nice.

Posted by miyagi on July 29, 2003 at 3:04 PM (CDT)

I just cancelled my iSkins order.

I have to say, I think it is very poor and ethically, if not legally, questionable business practices to charge someone for a product that doesn’t exist (vaporware). Since I place my order earlier in July, I’ve gotten an email a week (2 or 3 emails total) from iSkins promising the product would ship the following week.

I can certainly understand manufacturing or supplier shipping delays; but I think it is outreageous to bill someone’s credit card before something ships.

Posted by Scott on July 29, 2003 at 3:34 PM (CDT)

I too think that making the customers wait this long for an error they made is ridiculous. Rather than getting another phony apology letter, I would rather recieve a discount on the $30 bucks they billed my credit card for months ago.

Posted by Sam on July 30, 2003 at 8:45 AM (CDT)

Ordered mine last Wednesday from iSkin.biz and recieved it in UK today…no screen protector…so useless really!

Posted by Craig on July 30, 2003 at 11:47 AM (CDT)