Think Different Store will sell iSkin eXo case | iLounge News

Think Different Store will sell iSkin eXo case

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Monday, June 23, 2003
News Categories: iPod Accessories

pic The Think Defferent Store announced today that it will be soon be selling the new iSkin eXo case. The eXo with belt clip and screen protector will start around $28.99 and comes with a free Maclear Zip case.

“They are custom molded to fit either the 10/15GB or 30GB iPods, protecting all surfaces from everyday hazards and scratches. The iSkin eXo is designed to offer all around external surface protection, without compromising the usability of the iPod.”

Press release:

ISkin eXo for 3G iPods

Long Island, New York——June 24, 2003—- The Think Different Store (http://www.thinkdifferentstore.com) today announced that it will soon ship a completely redesigned 3G iSkin case for the newest Apple iPods.

The iSkin eXo is made from a premium quality silicone that is soft to the touch yet provides flexible, durable coverage with an anti-slip grip.

The new iSkin eXo includes a removable screen protector that protects the iPod’s screen from scratches. It also includes a removable belt clip.

As with the first and second generation iSkins, they will be available in over 25 Colors including the glow in the dark, frosted translucent and vibrant hues.

The eXo is expected to start around $28.99 including a belt clip and a screen protector. For more information visit (http://www.thinkdifferentstore.com) or at the MacWorld Expo booth 244

The Think Different Store is a retailer of Macintosh peripherals and accessories. For additional information visit (http://www.thinkdifferentstore.com)

« Musiconmac.com Launched; Daily Site for Mac Musicians

One million iPods, iTunes sells five million songs »

Comments

Very cool indeed!  I’m anxious to try one of these - I’ve been wanting a skin, but the others don’t have the belt clip.

Interestingly though, it’s not on the store’s website yet.  I have a MacClear on pre-order and emailed them saying I wanted to change my order to this, but haven’t heard back yet.

Posted by Fireproof on June 25, 2003 at 4:44 AM (PDT)

Hopefully, they’ll offer this for 1st & 2nd Gen iPods too.

Posted by Tom Strong on June 25, 2003 at 8:06 AM (PDT)

VERY NICE done! Finally, a skin that has a dock opening! Beautiful, very snug fit it looks like! Just bought the PowerDesigns Color Mask, would love to buy the iSkin to give my 15gig iPod even more protection.

Posted by Phong Huynh on June 25, 2003 at 10:18 PM (PDT)

Sorry for the delay in updating the web site. You can now find the free maclear promotion at

Joe

Posted by Joe on June 26, 2003 at 12:35 PM (PDT)

To: Tom Strong:  Like, dude, the 1-2G iPod skins have been available for a while. Try http://www.thinkdifferentstore.com/cgi-app/store/agora.cgi?cart_id=6556215.16687*-A6Is1&p_id=146&xm=on&ppinc=search2

Posted by Greg on June 26, 2003 at 1:17 PM (PDT)

You don’t understand, I’m looking for a semitranslucent iSkin (to show off my iPods’ design) with a Belt Clip like these new ones have. If there is such a product out there, someone please let me know. The 1-2Gen iSkins don’t have Belt Clips.

Posted by Tom Strong on June 26, 2003 at 1:38 PM (PDT)

In the next 15 days, a special belt clip will be available for your 1-2gen iSkin. It is now being designed by the manufacturer of iSkin and will be released next month. Find it at ThinkDifferentStore - it is expected to sell for $5 - the removable stub is made from brass with eltrecto plated chrome. The inside part has PTU wrapped around it to provent it from scratching your ipod and the belt clip is a high grade clear plastic belt clip.

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 26, 2003 at 3:30 PM (PDT)

Fantastic! That means us 1st-2nd Gen users can hang our fashionable iSkins on our belts too! That was the only thing stopping me from getting iSkins for my 20 Gigger. Can we preorder this from ThinkDifferentStore?

Posted by Tom Strong on June 26, 2003 at 11:35 PM (PDT)

Let them get set up for it 1st. This belt clip has been undevelopment for the last 2 months. You and other cusotmers of iSkin, Grove Jacket, Aqua Jacket and any other case that did not provide for a belt clip can look to me for their solution. All products developed by me at [url=http://www.####.biz]http://www.####.biz[/url] are available at ThinkDifferentStore. Once my online order system is up an running, your orders placed on my system will automatically go the the distributor/reseller in that state. As manufacturer I do not want to compete against my resellers, all the specials you see on my site will be available through them at the same price. I will eventually have 1 distributor in every state, I am still looking for more entrepreneurs that want to partner with me and become a distributor and share in the booming business of iSkin, Maclear and other products that I will be designing and manufacturing.

Posted by Lajo Cymbalski on June 27, 2003 at 12:10 AM (PDT)