Third-gen iPad poll ends, third-gen Apple TV poll begins
With over 4,000 responses from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you sell your current iPad to buy an iPad 3?”—has ended. Owners of both original iPad and iPad 2 units were given “yes” and “no” options, with additional options offered for those who don’t have an iPad but plan to buy the new model, and those who don’t have any interest in the iPad.
A large majority of readers—66 percent—said they plan to purchase a third-generation iPad. Broken down, 24 percent of respondents said they didn’t own an iPad but planned to purchase the new model, while 16 percent said they already own an iPad or iPad 2, plan to keep, and plan to purchase the new model in addition to their current device. Another 16 percent of respondents said they have an original iPad and plan to upgrade, and 10 percent said they own an iPad 2 and plan to upgrade. On the other side were 20 percent of reader who said they own an iPad 2 and plan to keep it, eight percent who said they own an original iPad and plan to keep it, and just six percent who said they have no interest in the iPad. Thanks for all your votes.
Our new poll focuses on the third-generation Apple TV. We’d like to know if the new model’s faster processor and 1080p capabilities are enough to entice you to purchase one. Do you have a first- or second-generation unit, and plan to upgrade, or do you plan to make this your first Apple TV purchase, or possibly purchase it to use alongside your current Apple TV somewhere else in the house? Or are you happy with your current unit, or are you not interested in the Apple TV at all? Our new poll, “Do you plan to purchase the third-gen Apple TV?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- Apple lacks lobbying power in fight with EU
- Apple to offer ‘Spoken Editions’ of written content from top publishers
- Apple working to turn HealthKit into diagnosis tool
- Hackers expose security flaw in iOS 10’s local backups
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.2 to fix headphone controls, iCloud Photo Library
- Report: Apple’s Siri home hub has reached the prototype stage
- Apple acquires machine learning company Tuplejump
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 public beta
- iOS 10.1 beta adds ‘Portrait’ Depth of Field effect
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Kanex GoPower Watch Portable Battery for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps