Third-gen iPad poll ends, third-gen Apple TV poll begins
With over 4,000 responses from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you sell your current iPad to buy an iPad 3?”—has ended. Owners of both original iPad and iPad 2 units were given “yes” and “no” options, with additional options offered for those who don’t have an iPad but plan to buy the new model, and those who don’t have any interest in the iPad.
A large majority of readers—66 percent—said they plan to purchase a third-generation iPad. Broken down, 24 percent of respondents said they didn’t own an iPad but planned to purchase the new model, while 16 percent said they already own an iPad or iPad 2, plan to keep, and plan to purchase the new model in addition to their current device. Another 16 percent of respondents said they have an original iPad and plan to upgrade, and 10 percent said they own an iPad 2 and plan to upgrade. On the other side were 20 percent of reader who said they own an iPad 2 and plan to keep it, eight percent who said they own an original iPad and plan to keep it, and just six percent who said they have no interest in the iPad. Thanks for all your votes.
Our new poll focuses on the third-generation Apple TV. We’d like to know if the new model’s faster processor and 1080p capabilities are enough to entice you to purchase one. Do you have a first- or second-generation unit, and plan to upgrade, or do you plan to make this your first Apple TV purchase, or possibly purchase it to use alongside your current Apple TV somewhere else in the house? Or are you happy with your current unit, or are you not interested in the Apple TV at all? Our new poll, “Do you plan to purchase the third-gen Apple TV?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Elgato announces HomeKit-enabled Eve Light Switch
- Apple delays AirPods release
- Report: iPhone 8 likely to come in three glass-backed sizes
- Report: New Apple TV app to provide show recommendations
- Apple’s German website adds Apple Pay support page, but still no launch
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2016: $46.9B revenue, 45.5M iPhones + 9.2M iPads sold
- Apple reportedly hiring engineers from BlackBerry, developing car operating system in Canada
- Apple releases PowerBeats3 Wireless earphones
- Apple Pay launch in Japan encounters major problems
- Creative iRoar Go Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Series 2 Headphones
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps