Third-gen iPad poll ends, third-gen Apple TV poll begins
With over 4,000 responses from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you sell your current iPad to buy an iPad 3?”—has ended. Owners of both original iPad and iPad 2 units were given “yes” and “no” options, with additional options offered for those who don’t have an iPad but plan to buy the new model, and those who don’t have any interest in the iPad.
A large majority of readers—66 percent—said they plan to purchase a third-generation iPad. Broken down, 24 percent of respondents said they didn’t own an iPad but planned to purchase the new model, while 16 percent said they already own an iPad or iPad 2, plan to keep, and plan to purchase the new model in addition to their current device. Another 16 percent of respondents said they have an original iPad and plan to upgrade, and 10 percent said they own an iPad 2 and plan to upgrade. On the other side were 20 percent of reader who said they own an iPad 2 and plan to keep it, eight percent who said they own an original iPad and plan to keep it, and just six percent who said they have no interest in the iPad. Thanks for all your votes.
Our new poll focuses on the third-generation Apple TV. We’d like to know if the new model’s faster processor and 1080p capabilities are enough to entice you to purchase one. Do you have a first- or second-generation unit, and plan to upgrade, or do you plan to make this your first Apple TV purchase, or possibly purchase it to use alongside your current Apple TV somewhere else in the house? Or are you happy with your current unit, or are you not interested in the Apple TV at all? Our new poll, “Do you plan to purchase the third-gen Apple TV?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Report: Developers losing interest in making watchOS apps
- Source: New AI set to give Siri a massive improvement
- India officially rejects Apple’s bid to sell used iPhones
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)