Ticketmaster, iTunes expand music + ticket offerings
Ticketmaster and the iTunes Store have announced a plan to offer digital album sales directly alongside Ticketmaster.com concert tickets. The expanded offerings let users purchase tickets to an artist’s concert along with their music in a single transaction on Ticketmaster.com. Users purchasing tickets at Ticketmaster.com to live performances by participating artists will be given the option of adding a digital album to their purchase, and through the end of 2007, a special dollar-off discount will be applied to every album sold. Ticketmaster.com will provide a direct link that will take the user to the iTunes Store to download their album in full.
“The ability to connect live and recorded music, concert tickets and album sales is the future of the music business,” explained David Marcus, SVP Music, Ticketmaster. “The collaboration between Ticketmaster and iTunes makes it simple for fans to download the latest music from the artists they want to see live. We’ve now extended the music + concert tickets program we introduced with iTunes earlier this year, and we’re thrilled to now offer digital albums integrated with concert ticket sales.”
Ticketmaster and iTunes are also offering special Ticketmaster + iTunes gift card packs exclusively through Target stores in the US. The dual card packages include two $25 gift cards; one redeemable towards tickets from Ticketmaster, and one redeemable on the iTunes Store. The cards have no expiration date, and multiple cards may be used for a single purchase. Previously, iTunes and Ticketmaster teamed up to offer advance pre-sale tickets to those who pre-order certain albums through the iTunes Store.
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.2 with OS X Photos app support
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple struggling to drop price of upcoming streaming music service
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.1 update for Windows
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?