TicketMaster offers iTunes songs, ticket priorities, cards
Extending a test promotion started with 2006 releases by Bob Dylan and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, TicketMaster today announced that - starting in Summer 2007 - it will offer pre-orderers of certain iTunes Store album releases priority ordering rights for the artists’ live concert tickets. iTunes Store album buyers will find the artists’ tickets for sale on Ticketmaster.com before they are offered to the general public. The company also announced that it will give away one free iTunes Song download of the buyer’s choice with each concert ticket purchased from its TicketMaster.com web site, as well as offering a digital sampler with music from touring artists.
“By providing direct links to iTunes, the world’s most popular online music and video store, we’re giving iTunes and Ticketmaster customers the opportunity to buy concert tickets, and explore and purchase great music,” said Sean Moriarty, president and CEO of Ticketmaster. “We’re thrilled to be working with iTunes to offer concert-goers even more ways to connect with their favorite artists.”
Apple and TicketMaster also announced that a joint TicketMaster + iTunes Gift Card pack with concert and download credits, apparently in various denominations, will be sold “later this year” through their respective web sites. Target stores will also sell a $50 gift card pack.
- Free ad-supported iTunes Radio to end Jan. 29
- Apple Hi-Res Audio coming in 2016?
- Apple releases iTunes 12.3.2
- Apple raises some iTunes Match, iCloud Music Library limits to 100K songs
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Apple under investigation in Germany for audiobook deal with Amazon
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Study finds Apple Watch is best fitness tracker for privacy, security
- Conflicting reports over pink color to be featured in iPhone 5se
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!