Time Warner Cable and Viacom go to court over TWCable iPad app
Time Warner Cable has filed a request for a declaratory judgment regarding Viacom’s cable networks, asking the court to rule that Time Warner Cable’s current carriage agreement allows it to deliver Viacom programming over its cable systems “for viewing on devices of the customers’ choosing.” The request revolves around Time Warner Cable’s TWCable iPad app, which allows subscribers to view their cable TV programming on the iPad within their own home Wi-Fi network, essentially positioning the iPad as simply another TV screen in the home.
Last week, Time Warner voluntarily removed several channels from their app after Fox Cable, Viacom and Discovery networks challenged Time Warner’s rights to include their feeds. Viacom has responded with a complaint stating that Time Warner “blatantly grabbed the rights that their competitors have negotiated in good faith to obtain.” [via Engadget]
- Knights of Pen & Paper 2, Mortadella & Filemon, Nitro Nation Online, Sunrise Calendar
- Apple releases third iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Apple experimenting with silver nanowire tech for ‘iPad Pro’ touch panel?
- Armadillo Gold Rush, Red Bull Air Race, Dropbox, Flickr
- First Nintendo mobile game expected to arrive this year
- Music services accuse App Store pricing of being anticompetititve
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- Report: Spotify to discontinue free streaming tier?
- Report: Apple pushes HomeKit launch to fall (Update: Apple responds)
- Apple objects to inclusion of customer data in sale of RadioShack assets
- Apple Music service to include social pages for artists
- Lack of Activation Lock makes Apple Watch easier theft target
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?