TinyCo announces $5m Mobile Game Development Fund
iOS and Android game developer TinyCo has announced a new $5 million gaming fund to encourage mobile game development by providing developers with capital and resources to successfully launch their products. This new initiative, dubbed the TinyFund, will provide monetary assistance of up to $500,000 per title to game developers creating any type of game for the iPhone, iPad or Android platforms, including both paid and free titles.
TinyCo has launched five top grossing iOS games in the last year, including Tiny Chef, Tiny Zoo and Tap Resort. The company’s games have all appeared on the top 10 free game charts in the App Store and have received over 20 million downloads in total. TinyCo also recently closed a new $18 million funding round led by Andreessen Horowitz. Games that are supported through the TinyFund will receive access to TinyCo’s large and rapidly growing user base and TinyCo will offer marketing, development and business assistance to game developers as needed to assist with bringing their projects to the widest possible audience.
TinyCo is accepting applications from developers worldwide and games in any stages of development from early concept to completed games will be considered for support. Proposals will be reviewed by a specially selected team of TinyCo executives who will determine what funding and additional support may be required to produce the best possible games. Developers can submit their proposals at the TinyFund site; the company plans on announcing funding recipients in the third quarter of this year.
- Lara Croft GO, Instagram, Pocket, Scanbot, Vine
- Animal Jam Play Wild, Final Fantasy VII, WonderBox, Square Cash 2.8, Swarm 3.0
- Daimler CEO open to future Apple partnership
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Carrot Weather, Google News & Weather, Microsoft Outlook
- Updated Apple Store app accepts gift cards
- EU ends one inquiry into Apple, begins another
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?