TinyCo announces $5m Mobile Game Development Fund
iOS and Android game developer TinyCo has announced a new $5 million gaming fund to encourage mobile game development by providing developers with capital and resources to successfully launch their products. This new initiative, dubbed the TinyFund, will provide monetary assistance of up to $500,000 per title to game developers creating any type of game for the iPhone, iPad or Android platforms, including both paid and free titles.
TinyCo has launched five top grossing iOS games in the last year, including Tiny Chef, Tiny Zoo and Tap Resort. The company’s games have all appeared on the top 10 free game charts in the App Store and have received over 20 million downloads in total. TinyCo also recently closed a new $18 million funding round led by Andreessen Horowitz. Games that are supported through the TinyFund will receive access to TinyCo’s large and rapidly growing user base and TinyCo will offer marketing, development and business assistance to game developers as needed to assist with bringing their projects to the widest possible audience.
TinyCo is accepting applications from developers worldwide and games in any stages of development from early concept to completed games will be considered for support. Proposals will be reviewed by a specially selected team of TinyCo executives who will determine what funding and additional support may be required to produce the best possible games. Developers can submit their proposals at the TinyFund site; the company plans on announcing funding recipients in the third quarter of this year.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- Tony Fadell to oversee restructured Google Glass project
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards