Tivoli unveils iYiYi audio system | iLounge News

Tivoli unveils iYiYi audio system

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, June 22, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

Tivoli Audio has introduced the new iYiYi home speaker system. Available in black or white, the iYiYi features a built-in universal docking station for use with all dockable iPods, as well as a digital AM/FM radio, built-in alarm and digital clock. The system also sports two 3” full-range drivers, a remote control, auto-brightness blue backlit LCD display, rubberized knobs, Radio Data System (RDS) support, an auxiliary input, and stereo headphone output. Tivoli said the iYiYi—which apparently gets its name from the Yiddish phrase contextually translated as “what will they think of next?”—will be available this Fall for $300.

image

image

« Mix: iSpazz, CL Sound Machine, Steve Jobs, Coolgorilla

French lawmakers agree on compromise to iTunes law »

Comments

Looks like a great system to me. I haven’t heard it yet, but Tivoli has a great repuatation for excellence all around. Seems like the more pricey an accessory is, the more critical some are of it. Personally, I would rather pay more and get quality. No one HAS to buy this…If you don’t like it, simply move on to something less expensive.

Posted by Rod Baldwin on June 23, 2006 at 12:36 PM (PDT)

killa said:

“whoever said bose sounddock is better than this is stupid as hell even the ipal(which is amazing) at $129 is better than the sounddock”

It was I who said I liked the sound of the Bose.  I’m not “stupid as hell”, I just like the sound of Bose in general.  I’m entitled to my preferences and so are you.  Let’s try and keep the personal insults to a minimum and have an intelligent discussion here.  Having a preference doesn’t make anyone stupid.

Posted by Mike M on June 23, 2006 at 2:45 PM (PDT)

Looks old skool to me

Posted by keitai on June 23, 2006 at 3:03 PM (PDT)

U-G-L-Y, you ain’t got no alibi, you’re uuuu-gly

Posted by ugly on June 23, 2006 at 4:00 PM (PDT)

I *LOVE* how it looks!  It is strange.  The name reminds me of “Yi Yi.” In Mandarin Chinese Yi Yi means literally one one, but is a phrase
to say “a one, and a two….” like you are about to sing or play a song.  So I like the name iYiYi *lol*  smile

Posted by Jing on June 23, 2006 at 6:20 PM (PDT)

This “thing” seems to address the half functioning remotes that Tivoli has in their other products. At least you can change between sources and power on and off with the remote.  Wish it looked better though.  I dont want to replace my Model Three with this thing.

Posted by Bob on June 23, 2006 at 8:07 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2