Toast Converts Protected AAC to AIF
iPoding reader “Nyte” reports that Roxio’s Toast Titanium app for Mac can convert protected AAC files to AIF.
“Haven’t read this anywhere else yet, but if you drag protected m4p (AAC) files from iTunes right to a Toast Titanium “Audio CD” window, they convert to AIF format without a hitch (as long as the machine is authorized). From there you can save the AIF files to wherever, or burn a CD. It looks like Toast makes the Quicktime call to convert the m4p to AIF without restriction, whereas iTunes 4 or QuickTime Player have built-in prevention against this.
I’d hate to see this facilitate “swapping”, but it could be useful to create mp3’s for an mp3-only playback device (with some quality loss of course) without having to burn a CD first. Also, it could be used to burn Music Store CDs for people with CD burners unsupported by iTunes 4.”
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?