Toast Converts Protected AAC to AIF
iPoding reader “Nyte” reports that Roxio’s Toast Titanium app for Mac can convert protected AAC files to AIF.
“Haven’t read this anywhere else yet, but if you drag protected m4p (AAC) files from iTunes right to a Toast Titanium “Audio CD” window, they convert to AIF format without a hitch (as long as the machine is authorized). From there you can save the AIF files to wherever, or burn a CD. It looks like Toast makes the Quicktime call to convert the m4p to AIF without restriction, whereas iTunes 4 or QuickTime Player have built-in prevention against this.
I’d hate to see this facilitate “swapping”, but it could be useful to create mp3’s for an mp3-only playback device (with some quality loss of course) without having to burn a CD first. Also, it could be used to burn Music Store CDs for people with CD burners unsupported by iTunes 4.”
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?