Trendy Geek offers iPod mini Pod Shield, one-cent promo | iLounge News

Trendy Geek offers iPod mini Pod Shield, one-cent promo

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, November 30, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

Trendy Geek today announced a new version of its Pod Shield for Apple’s iPod mini. The high-static film sleeve provides protection for the player’s screen and stainless steel back. They are priced at $12.99. Trendy Geek also announced it is offering a Pod Shield protector kit for one penny for a limited time. The Pod Shield Screen Only kit contains three iPod screen protectors for all generations and every gigabyte size of the full-sized iPod.

« iPod hoodies now available

Sony takes aim at iPod with MP3-compatible player »

Comments

The PodShield “kit” for a penny is not really a “kit” as it only contains 1 screen protector.  Also, shipping is a minimum of $3.88 in the US.  So, if you want a screen protector for $3.89, this is a good deal.

Posted by GadgetGuru72 on November 30, 2004 at 8:51 AM (PDT)

I just received both the screen protector and the back plate protector for the iPod photo.  The back plate protector works very nicely.  However, the screen protector horribly distorts the color image, rendering smaller fonts illegible.  I find that trimming a PalmOne screen protector works pretty well.

Posted by INION on November 30, 2004 at 9:50 AM (PDT)

I would send them an email. I had the same issue with the color iPod. They gave me a full refund immediatly. They have since put a note on the website about it not working with the color ipod. I had the Pod Shield on my old non color iPod and I loved it.

Posted by crazyipod in CA on November 30, 2004 at 10:22 AM (PDT)

Are you sure you will only get one screen?  I took the statment “You get 3 of the same screens included with our regular Pod Shield kit!” to mean that you will get three of the very same screens that are normally included with the regular kit.  Maybe I’m reading it wrong.

Posted by BulkHedd on November 30, 2004 at 1:33 PM (PDT)

No, you’re right.  When I looked at the site this morning it didn’t have that sentence.  It is now clear that you gets 3 screen protectors for 1 penny, but shipping is still $3.88.

Posted by GadgetGuru72 on November 30, 2004 at 3:24 PM (PDT)

Crazyipod, you gave great advice.  Trendy Geek promptly refunded my money.  That’s great customer service!

Posted by INION on November 30, 2004 at 3:47 PM (PDT)

Just wanted to let everybody know that I purchased the full Pod Shield kit for $12.99 and, within 30 minutes of placing my order I received a shipping notice complete with tracking number.  TrendyGeek is awesome.

Posted by GadgetGuru72 on December 1, 2004 at 9:49 AM (PDT)