Troubleshooting the iPod and iPod mini | iLounge News

Troubleshooting the iPod and iPod mini

MacFixit has compiled a list of all their past iPod and iPod mini troubleshooting articles to help those in need. Some areas covered include iSight interference, batteries, iPod mini audiobook issues, Applecare for iPod, cracked LCD screens and more.

« Survey shows iPod mini is the right size for most

Griffin iTalk Voice Recorder now shipping »

Comments

About a week ago I was listening to my 20gig iPod at work and it quit. The screen just had the apple on it. When it came back up and I was able to play it, everything seemed fine, but then I noticed it wouldn’t play any songs that I purchased from iTunes. I did a restore with the iPod updater and then reloaded my music and everything worked fine. Then This morning the exact same thing happened. Anyone else have this problem? I’m taking it to the Apple Store tonight I guess. But I was wondering if this happened to anyone else.

Posted by happenstance on April 8, 2005 at 9:00 AM (CDT)

I have an ipod mini…i click on the itunes and it says that there are some components missing and that i should re-install the program…I tried and a box pops up that reads “Error” and I am unable to transfer songs into my ipod…can you help?

Posted by Sue on June 30, 2005 at 7:35 PM (CDT)

i have a pink ipod mini and by accident yesterday, i dropped my ipod on the ground and then it almost froze. so i tried to charge it over night and it didnt really do anything i dont think but then when i try to turn it on i have to press the select button and then for a few seconds the apple sign pops up….then this weird sign pops up and its like an ipod frowning and a small sign next to it with an exclemation point….how do i make it work again??

Posted by softballluva on July 9, 2005 at 8:44 AM (CDT)

I am on vacation.  My ipod mini has frozen on the playlist screen.  I cannon turn it off, scroll, or listen to music.  I have my charger, but nothing else.  Please help!  Thanks!

Posted by kels on July 14, 2005 at 10:12 PM (CDT)

I recently purchased a 40gb ipod and a car charger from separate sights online.  When I tried using the new charger it showed a symbol of an exclaimation and a battery on the screen and then shut down.  I cannot get my ipod to turn on without plugging it into the wall and even then it turns off after a few minutes.  It also wont charge.  Does this mean I need to purchase a new battery?  I tried charging it through the computer which does not work.  Can anyone help me solve this problem?  Thanks!

Posted by Etta on July 15, 2005 at 12:31 AM (CDT)

I have the same problem as kels. I dont know what happend.. I was just going through the Game feature and it just froze!! i dont know what happend.. i tried everything.. select, press, charge it again, try to connect it again… nothing seems to work…

HELP!!

I have the small ipod mini the pink one.. :’(

Posted by Ayeda on July 17, 2005 at 4:15 AM (CDT)

i have an ipod mini. when im done listening to songs,i pause the mini, then i put it in sleep mode. but recently when i see my ipod out of the blue its on and playing and draining all my battery(i dont have it plugged to my e machines pc)(if thats of any help)but i really think the ipods should have an off button and they should be able to stop the song-not pause it.please help!!!!!

Posted by Adrian on July 21, 2005 at 10:26 PM (CDT)

hello again!how long does an average ipod mini battery last until needing to be recharged again?p.s.how much would a cheap ipod classic 1genaration cost?

Posted by Adrian on July 21, 2005 at 11:08 PM (CDT)

My mini i-pod 4GB messes up every time i try to listen to music. It skips throught each track uncontrollably, but only certian artisis and not every album. If you could help me out this would be great because this in reallly frustating.

Posted by Nick Wieber on July 25, 2005 at 8:57 PM (CDT)

My ipod mini (4GB) will not play any songs.  When I select a song to play, it scrolls through all of the songs in my ipod, not actually playing anything.  After scrolling through my entire collection, it simply returns to the main menu?  Any thoughts?

Posted by Meg on July 26, 2005 at 10:38 AM (CDT)

My iPod mini is 6 months old.  The other day, the Menu button simply stopped working.  I can listen to songs, but I can’t go back to the main menu using the menu button.  I have to wait out an entire album, even if I want to listen to something else.
Anybody have any suggestions?

Posted by Greg on August 20, 2005 at 3:52 PM (CDT)

i was charging my ipod mini last night, and when i went to use it the apple logo appeared for a couple of seconds, and then it showed an ipod frowning with an explanation point next to it. sometimes theres a folder with an explanation point.
what can i do to fix it?

Posted by jay on September 15, 2005 at 7:55 PM (CDT)

I have the same problem as Nick Wieber, my ipod keep skipping thru all the songs. how can i repair this problem.  plz respone to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) thank you

Posted by richard on September 16, 2005 at 5:49 PM (CDT)

YESTERDAY I PUT MY I-POD TO CHARGE OVER NIGHT AND IN THE MORNING I TRIED TO TURN IT ON AND THIS I-POD PICTURE COMES ON WITH A FROWNING FACE HOW DO I FIX IT

Posted by DAVID on September 27, 2005 at 1:14 AM (CDT)

my ipod mini ran out of batteries so i charged it for a while and then i turned it on and it worked but the second time i tried it it didnt. I tried charging it but it doesnt have any charging sign. All it had was a apple sign and it was gone and now i cant turn it on

Posted by David Pak on October 10, 2005 at 7:00 PM (CDT)

I dropped my iPod mini the other day and it wouldn’t turn on after that.  Then a few days later a file with a triangle and exclamation point next to it showed up on the screen.  I held down the select and menu buttons and the apple logo showed up for a few seconds, then the file just showed up again.  I dont know what else to do.

Posted by Katie on October 13, 2005 at 10:39 PM (CDT)

Posted by julio garcia on October 26, 2005 at 11:09 PM (CDT)

i dropped my mini ipod and when i tried to reset it the apple just stayed there… its been a whole day and the apple is still there like if its frozen and doesn’t want to load. Can someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Tony on November 1, 2005 at 12:54 AM (CST)

I was using my ipod at a party then it just froze. I got to turn it on but when i did the apple logo appearded then a ipod with i frowning face with a ! mark next to it popped up.(How do i get it to work again!)

Help…..is my ipod really screwed up or sumthing?

Posted by Austin Long on November 3, 2005 at 11:59 PM (CST)

I was just wondering if there is any way to transfer my music from my ipod mini onto my new computer without having to download everything all over again. P.S. I don’t have my old computer anymore because it broke.

Posted by Eli on November 6, 2005 at 3:36 PM (CST)

Page 1 of 6 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›