Troubleshooting the iPod and iPod mini | iLounge News

Troubleshooting the iPod and iPod mini

MacFixit has compiled a list of all their past iPod and iPod mini troubleshooting articles to help those in need. Some areas covered include iSight interference, batteries, iPod mini audiobook issues, Applecare for iPod, cracked LCD screens and more.

« Survey shows iPod mini is the right size for most

Griffin iTalk Voice Recorder now shipping »

Comments

My battery has recently stopped working, so we ordered a new one and fitted it, and it now works, however the central touch button is not responding when clicked, so it cannot be used… anyone else had this happen? Any ideas on what to do??

Posted by Ollie on November 8, 2005 at 10:31 AM (PDT)

I have a 40GB ipod and it has a folder with an explanation point on it….it wont start up, play songs and when i put it on the charger i get the apple logo for about 30 seconds and then the folder comes up with the explanation point and then it shuts off. iv never dropped it or anything. if u no what to do please please please e-mail me back at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Lauren on November 8, 2005 at 4:41 PM (PDT)

just yesterday i was using my ipod mini (silver) 4 gig i dropped it a couple times before but everthing worked normal still.. but then i woke up this morning to use my ipod and it wouldnt turn on. i tried charging it.. but it still didnt work, pls help me

Posted by antony cortes on November 13, 2005 at 9:16 PM (PDT)

I have had my Mini Ipod (4gb) for a little over 2months now. It was charged all night, and it still will not turn on. I also had it in the charger in my car, and it still won’t work. I already went to the apple site and did the troubleshooting and reseting, and still my screen is blank!!
Please help. I have emailed apple twice, and no response!

Posted by Robyn O. on November 18, 2005 at 9:36 AM (PDT)

I have the same problem as Robyn O. I also have a 4GB MINI. Have charged the ipod, but there is no responce when I try to turn it on. Apple’s troubleshooting only wasted my time.

Posted by Garreth C on November 19, 2005 at 9:42 PM (PDT)

i have a 6GB pink ipod mini. my ipod was working just fine until i hooked it up to my computer so i could update it and nothing happened. normally the “safely remove hardware” icon pops up in the bottom right hand corner of my computer (WINDOWS XP) and itunes opens. nothing happened. i opened itunes to check and see if it recognized any ipod and it didnt. i restarted my computer and hard reset my ipod, multiple times for both. still doesnt work. i thought maybe it was my cord? no, because the cord still works when i hook it up to my wall charger. also, when i open up “my computer”, and i connect my ipod, my G: drive pops up and i can view my “contacts, notes, calender” info from my ipod (not that anythings in there, but i can see the folders) and i can also eject my ipod from the G: drive selections. what the hell is up with that?? ipod still plays music, shows a “do not disconnect” when hooked up, and can charge. very confused and frustrated…help me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Stephanie on November 22, 2005 at 8:03 AM (PDT)

i charged my ipod mini last night and it worked after i unplugged it and then turned it off and now it wont turn back on, what do i do?

Posted by mike on November 25, 2005 at 10:41 AM (PDT)

My mini i-pod 4GB messes up every time i try to listen to music. It skips throught each track uncontrollably, but only certian artisis and not every album. at one point it just kept going to the next for 30 seconds. Its does the same whether its on shuffle or not. If you could help me out this would be great because this in reallly frustating.

Posted by Ryan on November 28, 2005 at 10:12 PM (PDT)

my ipod is showing me a warning sign with a “!” amd a sad face on a picture of an ipod.  i tried resetting it and the apple comes up but then it goes back to the dead ipod picture, what does this mean and please, how do i fix it?

Posted by Rachael on November 29, 2005 at 4:59 PM (PDT)

My laptop hard drive was recently crashed, and I had to reinstall itunes to my computer. I chose not to format my ipod during the intall process because my ipod was fine, still had all of its songs on it, but it ran out of battery. I went to charge it and nothing happens when I plug the usb cord in, at all, itunes will not come up and my computer dosent say anything about the ‘newly found hardware’. I have no songs on my newly intalled itunes because i have nothing on my computer. please help!

Posted by Jennifer on December 5, 2005 at 9:58 PM (PDT)

my compueter was wiped of all my songs, but the songs are still on my ipod. how can i now transfer the songs from my ipod mini onto the computer?

Posted by Ross Johnson on December 8, 2005 at 11:35 AM (PDT)

i have an ipod mini and the apple keeps on appearing on my screen if i charge it the apple comes up so i cant play any music

Posted by david on December 11, 2005 at 2:04 PM (PDT)

My 4 Gig Ipod won’t turn on.  I hold the menu/play button for 10 seconds and it still doesnt work.  I tried charging it with the charger that connects to the computer and it doesnt work.  I don’t know what else to try. Any ideas?

Alex

Posted by Alex on December 14, 2005 at 9:56 PM (PDT)

I have an iPod mini and I was using the updater to update my iPod. Everything was going fine and on the iPod it showed the apple symbol and a little bar showing somthing loeding on it.  Then It just showed the Apple symbol on the screen and now my iPod is stuck with the Apple symbol and it doesn’t respond at all. I’v tryed reseting it and the screen goes blank for a second then the apple symbol comes back. The computer doesn’t reconize it so when I run the Updater it just says “Plug in an iPod to update”. It’s completly frozen like this. Does anybody know what to do?

Posted by Seth on December 25, 2005 at 7:49 PM (PDT)

Im a DJ and i use my ipod mini alot and i had gotten some new songs i wanted to put on and i pluged it in to my windows xp and nothing happened it would not make the sound that i usually got and it would not show up on itunes i thought i was my computer being stupid so i took it up to my other computer and it still did not work and its not the wire cause i hooked up my sisters ipod and it worked fine so please help email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Chris Montgomery on December 27, 2005 at 11:31 PM (PDT)

I’ve had my ipod mini 6 GB for about 7 months. 2 days ago, it was working perfectly fine. For some reason for the past 2 days every time I try to hook it up to ANY computer, there is no response in itunes, or any sign of it being plugged into the USB, or any sign of it in the computer at all. It still charges, plays music, and does everything it’s supposed to do when it’s not hooked up to a computer, but whenever I try to update it through my PC, it just simply charges. Any help would be greatly appretiated. - .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Amanda on December 29, 2005 at 1:49 PM (PDT)

I have no idea what happened to my ipod. I have a pink 4GB mini and as I tried to turn it on today, nothing would show up. I charged it last night so I know that it has battery, but not a single thing will work on it. What should I do?

Posted by Hillary on January 3, 2006 at 7:27 PM (PDT)

My iPod mini is frozen on the playlist screen, and I can’t fix it.  What happened.  What do I do?

Bob

Posted by Robert on January 6, 2006 at 5:11 PM (PDT)

My son’s 6gb mini locked up on the playlist screen last night. wouldn’t do anything. he tried to reboot by holding the menu andselect buttons but nothing happened. This morning AFTER it shut off I tried the reboot again with the ipod off and it worked! Everything seems to work fine now. I hope this will work for some of you having the same problem.

Posted by Mark on January 8, 2006 at 10:46 AM (PDT)

i have the nano 2gb the black one it was kind of low battery i connected to charger and then it was charging i come back and it was off i try to turn it on and i cant so i though it was low battery again so i am charging it and nothing happens is just off omg what can i do!!!!!!

Posted by yessika on January 18, 2006 at 10:54 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 6 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >  Last »