Troubleshooting the iPod and iPod mini | iLounge News

Troubleshooting the iPod and iPod mini

MacFixit has compiled a list of all their past iPod and iPod mini troubleshooting articles to help those in need. Some areas covered include iSight interference, batteries, iPod mini audiobook issues, Applecare for iPod, cracked LCD screens and more.

« Survey shows iPod mini is the right size for most

Griffin iTalk Voice Recorder now shipping »

Comments

My ipod mini (4GB) will not play any songs.  When I select a song to play, it scrolls through all of the songs in my ipod, not actually playing anything.  After scrolling through my entire collection, it simply returns to the main menu. Any thoughts?

Posted by Kaitlen on January 23, 2006 at 6:53 PM (CST)

My ipod mini was working fine theni turne it off. When i tried to turn it back on. Its not turned on for 2 days now
-Thanks

Posted by Will on January 30, 2006 at 7:23 PM (CST)

i accidentally dropped my ipod while it was playing and now all it does is when i go to turn it on all it shows the sad face and the apple logo. i keep it charging all day and all night. and its still doesn’t work

Posted by Vanessa on February 6, 2006 at 1:46 PM (CST)

My daughter got an ipod mini for Christmas.  It keeps freezing up on her.  We cannot shut it off.  What can we do?

Posted by Lisa on February 9, 2006 at 6:24 AM (CST)

hi i dropped my ipod mini and now it’s frozen,nothing i do works.it just keeps showing the same song i was listening to at the time i dropped it.it’s ompletly frozen.
what do i do? PLEASE HELP ME.

Posted by alice on February 9, 2006 at 6:41 AM (CST)

Hi I have completely the same problem as Amanda she said that “it was working perfectly fine. For some reason for the past 2 days every time I try to hook it up to ANY computer, there is no response in itunes, or any sign of it being plugged into the USB, or any sign of it in the computer at all. It still charges, plays music, and does everything it’s supposed to do.” When it’s hooked up to a computer, it simply charges and shows need to update then updates and saids ok to disconnect and thats it. But whenever I try to update it through my PC, it just simply charges.That is the exact problem I have. I have had a 4GB IPod mini for about six months and my itunes said that I had a corrupt file that needed updating in my ipod, so it updated, and the ipod icon on the left of itunes started flashing red and blue on and off. Now I am unable to add or delete songs from my mini. The songs on my mini in the Itunes playlist is kind of in a grayish background color and frozen. I need your help. Thanks so much!

Posted by Mandy on February 9, 2006 at 9:46 PM (CST)

My ipod mini will not shut down.  I hold the pause button down and nothing happens. Also it will go forward through the menu but will not go back.  For example if it is playing a song I can not go back through the menu to the album or other artists. If I toggle the hold button several times it will eventually go back.  I have tried resetting the ipod several times but it still does the same thing. Has anyone else had this problem.

Posted by Laura on February 10, 2006 at 9:53 AM (CST)

My ipod mini is displaying the do not disconnect sign and cannot be reset.  How can I fix this?

Posted by Karen on February 13, 2006 at 9:37 AM (CST)

i have a mini 4g and it has recently decided to not work at all in any way.  when i try to turn it on an apple appears then a file folder with an exlamation point.  then i tryed to restore everything and all it says after my computer already acknolodges that its hooked up is that it cant dock the ipod. whats the deal?

Posted by lundy on February 22, 2006 at 12:21 AM (CST)

I have the same problem as “lundy”. My mini ipod was working fine and then one day i tried to use it and when i turned it on a file folder appears with an exclamation point…and then when i tried to charge it a battery icon pops up with an exclamationg point and it wont charge…please help ive been trying to fix it for months now!

Posted by Desi on March 4, 2006 at 5:19 PM (CST)

i have the same problem as karen. my nano was working fine until today and it wont shut off or display anything else just “do not disconnect”. what do i do?

Posted by marie on March 5, 2006 at 6:19 PM (CST)

My i-pod mini will not connect with my computer. My device manager does not recognize it and when i use the ipod CD to reinstall my ipod mini it says it isnt connected to my computer but it is. I reset my ipod and no change. Can you help me? thank you

Posted by Geoffrey on March 6, 2006 at 1:55 PM (CST)

my ipod mini will let me charge and use the hold button but the buttons in the middle don’t work.

Posted by rachel on March 6, 2006 at 8:08 PM (CST)

i have a first gen. ipod mini and when i try to charge it continually changes from the apple screen to the folder with a exclamation point. it does this all the time. whats wrong with it?

Posted by robert on March 13, 2006 at 2:37 PM (CST)

I accidently dropped my ipod on the ground and it worked fine until about five minutes later.  It froze when i tried to play a song, so i reset it.  when it reset the apple logo came up and then a frowning ipod.  I reset it again and it didnt turn on after that. i tried charging it but the cpu cant recognize it. Can you help me?

Posted by Stupod helpmeton on March 22, 2006 at 2:17 PM (CST)

my ipod mini just froze i tried to charge it for several hours and nothing will appear on the screen.  what do i do please help

Posted by tyler on March 22, 2006 at 6:51 PM (CST)

i have an ipod 20Gig. Whenever i turn it on it shows a smiling face on it. After a few seconds it shuts off by itself. Can anyone tell me what to do? :(

Posted by mak on April 20, 2006 at 6:42 AM (CDT)

i have a 4GB ipod my friend sold it to me but i only have a cd for the 20GB ipod i connented it to my computer and it read all the music that is in the ipod i didnt like none of the music so i restored the ipod to delet the music and it worked but now when i connected it to my computer it doesnt read the ipod i went to itunes and it doesnt show the ipod at all what should i do please respond to my message

Posted by Samuel on April 26, 2006 at 12:33 PM (CDT)

When i tried to update my 4GB ipod a message appeared that said “Unable To Mount Ipod” what does ot mean

Posted by Samuel on April 26, 2006 at 12:45 PM (CDT)

All u people who have problems with your ipods means that ur not ready to own a ipod next time take care of your Fu$!%* ipod’s LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^_^.

Posted by Vannesa on April 27, 2006 at 12:12 PM (CDT)

Page 3 of 6 pages  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›