“Troubleshooting the iPod: Unmounting problems, solution” | iLounge News

“Troubleshooting the iPod: Unmounting problems, solution”

Macfixit reports that several readers are having trouble unmounting their iPod after applying the iPod Software 1.2.6 Updater.

“After pressing the Update button, the iPod will unmount from the Desktop, then an error message will appear saying that the Updater could not proceed because the iPod was unmounted.”

« Linux: gtkpod 0.50 Released

Mac: PodWriter 2.1.1 Released »

Comments

The play back quality is lacking, I downloaded at 128 speed, along with audio check.
some one please advise

Posted by 40 Gigibyter on January 16, 2004 at 9:53 AM (CST)

my ipod will download songs but all of a sudden it will stop and say “Attempting to copy to the disc (ipod Id) failed.  An inknown error occured (-69.” Then it wont allow anything to be loaded even if re-connected.  please help

Posted by john on July 5, 2005 at 8:19 PM (CDT)

the screen has frozen and won’t respond to anything i do. help

Posted by peter brunker on August 23, 2005 at 11:15 AM (CDT)

Ipod classic reads “no music” after resetting- despite message “sync complete. The message reads could not reset because ipod not umounted properly. What do I do to successfully reset- downloaded latest itunes, have rebooted both computer and ipod, changed usb ports, switched hold off and on, etc.- still no luck. Am desperate for the music on my computer!!!!!

Posted by Robert Stucky on September 28, 2009 at 12:14 AM (CDT)

when I sync my photos through itunes to my nano they come up as negatives on my ipod.

Posted by Stewart Harris on January 5, 2011 at 2:43 AM (CST)

Here is the problem on my Windows XP computer with Norton AntiVirus 2013.  At the end of syncing my ipod classic with iTunes my computer restarts with the ipod screen saying ‘do not connect’.  Any attempt to disconnect (unmount) the ipod causes Windows to restart.  If I do nothing after a restart with the ipod connected then after a short time Windows restarts again.  The only way out is to disconnect the cable to the ipod (and then deal with having to reset the ipod).  Can’t find anyone else reporting this issue.  Any ideas?

Posted by SN Burton on December 17, 2012 at 4:35 PM (CST)