Tune-In Bed pipes iPod music through headboard speakers | iLounge News

Tune-In Bed pipes iPod music through headboard speakers

By Nino Marchetti

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, March 5, 2007
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

The Tune-In Bed ($700-$1000), currently for sale through Pottery Barn Teen, has audio input connections which let you hook up an iPod so you can listen to music through two four-inch speakers built into the headboard. The bed, which is available in twin, full and queen sizes, has a volume control knob and a pocket to hold the iPod as music plays.

« Apple ranked among most admired companies

University of Virginia students overwhelmingly choose iPod »

Comments

First of all I have to say, that I am in no way interested in getting this bed, I just can’t believe that after paying $700-$1000 dollars for this that they couldn’t even incluse some sort of dock!
I mean com’n… a pocket?!?

Posted by 3rdEye on March 5, 2007 at 10:35 AM (PDT)

wow…this has got to be a far easier solution to listening to music at night than having a speaker dock on you bedside cupboard.

Posted by Rob on March 5, 2007 at 12:26 PM (PDT)

This is one of the dumbest ideas that I have seen

Posted by Achebe on March 5, 2007 at 2:01 PM (PDT)

don’t bother knocking when this bed’s a rockin’. Literally.

Posted by ironchef on March 5, 2007 at 6:19 PM (PDT)

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!

I second the confused lack of an actual dock. Unbelievable.

Posted by iScott on March 5, 2007 at 6:38 PM (PDT)

i wake up to my ipod’s music every day. i just use a single passive computer speaker (the other one broke so this is the perfect application for just one).
i put it under my bed, ok, so the ipod is laying on my bedside table but, so what? and the single speaker (without power cables) delivers enough sound to decently wake me up!

playlist:
choose 15 minutes of music, tracks shorter than 5 minutes, picking the ones least recently played that have three or more stars. when the music starts, i wake up, when it stops, i get up!

Posted by formatc1702 on March 5, 2007 at 6:55 PM (PDT)

This will be great for getting it on with my sexy girlfriend!!!

Oh yeahhh!!!

Posted by Dude on March 5, 2007 at 7:21 PM (PDT)

Dude, that is one very not impressive bed you have there. You’re better off buying a whole HTS and a regular King’s size bed with that money.

I feel sorry for you girlfriend.

Posted by Baka on March 5, 2007 at 8:22 PM (PDT)

“...don’t bother knocking when this bed’s a rockin”...BWAHAHAHA!!

Posted by Tenchi211 in California on March 5, 2007 at 9:33 PM (PDT)

Keep the bad puns and song references coming.

Rock The Night Away.

Posted by rebel_519 on March 6, 2007 at 12:29 AM (PDT)

absolutely nuts. this is so rediculous. it’s ugly as well.

anybody with some mechanical know-how can do this to their existing bed for $20.

Posted by ROB on March 6, 2007 at 7:48 AM (PDT)

It’s ugly!

Posted by Robert on March 6, 2007 at 11:03 AM (PDT)

Just the few funny comments was worth reading about this bed!  But in all seriousness, this is totally stupid…unlike my itoilet idea.

Posted by hoohaa on March 6, 2007 at 3:19 PM (PDT)

Wow! What a waste of money!

Posted by S on March 7, 2007 at 10:47 AM (PDT)

Trololol bumped. Anyways, I actually use my bed to process my guitar signal. Yes. The speakers arent amazing, as can be expected, but the simplicity of plugging in my pedalboard into MY FREAKING BED is awesome! Nice for practicing leads, and just chillin. As far a set up goes, just my les paul to my podx3 live which goes out to the bed using a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter. Its a wonderful thing!

Posted by Drew on June 20, 2011 at 7:46 PM (PDT)