TuneBuckle lets you wear iPod nano | iLounge News

TuneBuckle lets you wear iPod nano

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, January 9, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageTuneBuckle has just introduced its first product, the TuneBuckle for iPod nano. The TuneBuckle is a belt with a specially designed buckle that holds the iPod nano horizontally across the front, with an access hole cut out for the headphone port. The click wheel controls can be accessed from the front of the buckle. The TuneBuckle is now available for pre-order in both black and white for $49.95.

« HandStands offers Bullet-Proof iPod protectors

Mix: Google, BusinessWeek report, iPod bandits, David Pogue »

Comments

Call me crazy, but I think that’s a pretty cool idea.

Posted by Rene on January 9, 2006 at 3:06 PM (PDT)

Maybe so, but if they had used a redneck with a beer gut for a model, you just might change your mind. wink

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on January 9, 2006 at 3:11 PM (PDT)

I put in my order…this is a great idea. I reserved mine already…in white

Posted by Melito on January 9, 2006 at 3:26 PM (PDT)

I think this is really cool as well—probably for the geek chic ladies—I don’t think i could take a guy seriously wearing this - beergut or not.

A year of so ago it dawned on me that what makes the iPod so exciting is that the iPod is truly the first wearable computer.  This type of accessory fits perfectly into my thinking.  BRAVO TUNEBUCKLE!

Posted by Kevin on January 9, 2006 at 3:39 PM (PDT)

I can hear the lawsuits now… “but officer, I was merely reaching to adjust her iPod”.

How does the user actually see the screen to adjust it?

Posted by Dopial on January 9, 2006 at 4:00 PM (PDT)

wow, that’s really cool…

Posted by Ains on January 9, 2006 at 5:30 PM (PDT)

i would to see something similiar for the ipod 5g

Posted by mike on January 9, 2006 at 6:55 PM (PDT)

Nice! It seems one will have to take the dremel to it though, the cutout for the headphones will mean trouble for people with *decdent* headphones.

Posted by Bad Beaver on January 10, 2006 at 6:38 AM (PDT)

I’ve seen this in person and the cut-out for the headphones is large. I’ve seen them use a Shure E500 with it.

Posted by dean nguyen on January 11, 2006 at 5:17 PM (PDT)