Tunewallet 5G for new iPods announced | iLounge News

Tunewallet 5G for new iPods announced

imageTunewear has announced the Tunewallet 5G, a new wallet-style case for the new fifth-generation iPod. The leather case, which will be available next month for $39.95, has three card slots and a small pocket inside the flip-cover to fit credit cards, business cards, cash and more. The Tunewallet 5G comes in three color combinations—black leather with red stitching, black leather with white stitching, and white leather with white stitching. The case will also include the Tunefilm 5G, the new clear protective film that covers the front and back of the iPod.

« iDiddy Opticover for iPod nano now available

Contour Design debuts iSee case for iPod nano »

Comments

This is good. If someone mugs me, I won’t have to fumble around for all of my valuables. I can just hand them over in one nice, neat little package.

*rolling eyes*

Posted by Hrothgar on October 28, 2005 at 9:26 AM (PDT)

that was really funny! =)

i find that the new tunewallet is neat, but why would you want to put your credit cards and IDs in the same case as your ipod. that’s truly ridiculous!

Posted by madison on October 29, 2005 at 2:37 PM (PDT)

Yes, you _could_ put your credit cards and ID in there, but as the product page suggests, you could also put your train/subway pass, bus transfer, etc., in the case. This makes perfect sense since a lot of people use their iPods how?....On mass transit!

I’m interested in what they call the “quick release” mechanism. Anyone have any experience with their other products? Any idea what this is?

Posted by bipto in Minneapolis, MN on October 30, 2005 at 7:02 AM (PDT)

Hi bipto,

The ‘quick release’ is great little feature that makes it easy to get you iPod out of the case.  Just pull the little leather strap and you iPod slide out.  I works a little like those straps for removing batteries for hard to get to places . . . althought this is a build on that idea it is much better executed.  If it wasn’t there it would be a real pain in the ### to get your iPod out since the case is so well fitted.

I’ve had the TuneWallet nano for about a week and it is great!  I keep my drivers permit, debt card and some cash in it.  Works great as an iPod case & replacement wallet.  Although before buying it I’ve always carried my cards & cash in a thin leather business card case rather then the large wallets that most people carry.

Hope I answered your question.

Posted by audiblelistener on November 1, 2005 at 8:17 PM (PDT)

This case makes perfect sense for me. I carry mine everywhere just like my wallet. I hate having,keys, phone, wallet, and ipod to keep track of.

I can’t find a seller anywhere for the 5G.

audible, where did you get yours?

Posted by Blowfish on November 8, 2005 at 12:38 AM (PDT)

I just saw that they are available online at Dr. Botts.
I just placed an order for mine.
Good luck.

Posted by Israel on November 8, 2005 at 7:56 PM (PDT)

Hi, guys, this wallet is definitely the one after long search! Still waiting for the official shopping date. Anyone knows the best reseller for it?

By the way, Israel, you must have made a wrong order since it is not yet released!

Posted by J on November 11, 2005 at 7:00 PM (PDT)

Hmm…  Looks like a left-handed product to me.  Otherwise, I’d be sold on it.

Posted by plasticman on November 17, 2005 at 12:20 PM (PDT)