Tunewear announces Prie Podwallet | iLounge News

Tunewear announces Prie Podwallet

picTunewear has developed a carry case for iPod featuring 6 credit card slots, name card holder, pen holder, bill and document pocket, internal cable management, access hole for headphones, remote or hold switch, mesh bag for storing small items, multi-belt loop for vertical or horizontal placement, and the Super Tunemax 20 battery. The 20 hour Super Tunemax 20 battery is rated for 32 hours of continuous playback. The Prie Wallet comes with or without the Super Tunemax 20 battery in Ruby Pink or Jet Black. Pricing has not yet been determined.

« Pod2Go 1.0 released

Belkin releases TuneDok for iPod mini »

Comments

Tres chic, but why buy an ipod if you’re going to put it in a wallet 2x the size of a CD player?

Posted by Rob on September 3, 2004 at 7:24 AM (PDT)

“Tunewear: Making your iPod bulky and cumbersome since 2004!”

This is a BIG case.  It defeats the purpose of owning an iPod.  If people wanted to lug around a big case to listen to music they wouldnt have an iPod in the first place.  I mean think about it, the whole point of owning one is so that you can carry all your music with you so you no longer have to carry a big CD case.

And think of how awful it would be to lose or have your iPod stolen.  Now add on top of that the hassle of losing all your credit cards and money with it.

Posted by Ryan on September 3, 2004 at 7:32 AM (PDT)

Well, looks like they have stolen my idea of embedding an iPod in a cafeteria tray.

Maybe it’s a European thing - can’t see many Americans buying this thing.

Posted by Oops on September 3, 2004 at 7:37 AM (PDT)

Although on the brightside I’d at least hope that it would be chaeper then those Gucci and Luie Vitton Cases!

Posted by Ichijoe on September 3, 2004 at 9:53 AM (PDT)

I’m sold.

If all you carry with you is your iPod, then you don’t need this. But for me, I like having everything together in one thing. I hope I can fit my digital camera in here as well. Their website is a bit confusing, don’t even know how much it costs.

.narco

Posted by narco in Burbank on September 3, 2004 at 9:57 AM (PDT)

PS: Check out their photo gallery. Why in the HELL do they have thirty-million pictures of people holding up this case to the sky?

.narco

Posted by narco in Burbank on September 3, 2004 at 10:00 AM (PDT)

For what its worth here are some of my thoughts…
Its great that I can store all iPod related stuff in one place. It makes it really convenient for travelling and storing things in one place. However, with wires exposed like that I am less likely to actually use the wallet functionality, simply because I am not good at keeping things neat all the time, and something is bound to slip and fall when I open in public. Also since Apple recommends airing your iPod when charging, I am not likely to charge it inside the wallet. It would have been nice to not have any vinyl window if possible and also detach and use battery by itself with iPod.

Also, does the extra battery charge the iPod (as an offline charging feature)?

Posted by veen on September 3, 2004 at 11:18 AM (PDT)

This is hfo from TUNEWEAR. I designed the podwallet. Thank you for your opinions. Some of the images and text in the pages are confusing. We will try to fit that.

1) The product is large, but very thin. It is not so large as the web portrays it to be, but it is no wallet size for sure. It is very very light.
2) The product is probably more suitable to people that travel by train etc like Japan, Europe and international travelers. Covering the iPod window is in the final product, to avoid potential mugger attacks.
3) The battery not shown anywhere so the confusion) is detachable and is indipendent of the case. There are 2 types of cases, one to hold the battery and one shorter one that just has a large mesh bag.
4) I do a lot of air travel (am in Paris now for the Apple-Expo) and I just need my cards, passport and my iPod with better than 12 hour (click wheel lasts me only aprox 8hrs the way I use it) so the battery was important to me, and many people I spoke with.
5) Picture in the gallery is overdone, my web staff did not get what I asked for, when I asked for ‘lot’s of pictures’, I have asked him to clean it up tomorrow. Photo’s were shot by me on a double decker tour bus in Paris. (Yes, I looked really dumb shooting those pictures)

I really appreciate your opinions and will take them in to make our products better. Thank you.

Posted by hfo on September 3, 2004 at 12:15 PM (PDT)

you should try not wearing a white trash wife beater in the pics too

Posted by gross on September 3, 2004 at 1:15 PM (PDT)

Thank you (hfo) for clarifying and taking a personal interest in the forum. Its great to see such interest from the creator…

Posted by veen on September 3, 2004 at 2:11 PM (PDT)

I’m really looking forward to this thing.  I for one can’t stand carrying a wallet or anything bulky in my pants.  Right now I’m using a messanger bag, and there are times that I feel it would be real nice to cut down on size, but still be able to cary everything I want.  This looks to be about half the size of my bag.

Sign me up.

Posted by Felix Leech in PA on September 3, 2004 at 2:43 PM (PDT)

It looks like it might be an OK item.  Those gallery pictures are wacky, though!

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on September 3, 2004 at 7:15 PM (PDT)

yeah lets put all our most important items in one pouch so when you lose it they now not only have your ipod they have your credit cards.

Posted by Useful Idiot on September 3, 2004 at 8:14 PM (PDT)

this thing is ####

Posted by suprfli on September 3, 2004 at 8:58 PM (PDT)

If I had a cross-country plane trip in my future, I would be buying this in aheartbeat.  This would make a great travel item.  iPod, phone, tickets, ID, money, passport, etc, all in one place with an extended battery?  That screams travel case to me.

I wouldn’t carry it every day, but if I traveled with my iPod I could see this becoming the most important thing I brought with me.

Posted by stark23x on September 3, 2004 at 10:27 PM (PDT)

My wife would love it.

Posted by seandavid010 in So Cal on September 4, 2004 at 6:54 AM (PDT)

It seems as though there is not enough space on the side to run a lineout cable *inside* the case, wich would be neat though as it is about ideal to hold an amp (iPod+lineout+amp+batterypack=ultimate portaphile pack).
I expect lots of people spending time on plains etc. will like this a lot.

Posted by Oliver :) on September 4, 2004 at 7:32 AM (PDT)

planes that is… ouch.. we need an edit function here…

Posted by Oliver :) on September 4, 2004 at 7:33 AM (PDT)

Can anyone say “STEAL ME”. thats one of the most exposing things ive seen. dont like

Posted by Matt on September 4, 2004 at 9:52 PM (PDT)

it’s so funny that people don’t think outside their little 2 foot personal space and consider that it might be perfect for someone other than themselves.

Posted by kk on September 5, 2004 at 5:52 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >